Are the 313bhp worth it ?

bodyboarder

Hi everyone, hope your all ok. Just a quick one really, as some of you are aware i am looking for a nice zed at the moment, but i am wandering weather to spend a little more and get the 313 bhp car rather than the 296bhp. What are peoples thoughts on this , are they worth spending another 1500 on ? I am looking at 06 plate zeds which all seem to be around 15k with 20-30k miles on, if i bought one of these i would want an exhaust and remap to try and get a few more bhp out of it, but would i be better off getting a 313 and just stick some pop chargers on there for a bit of extra noise ( as i do love the sound of them ! ) Pros for the 06 would be - Less to buy- could mod as would be out of warrenty

Cons for 06 would be - No warrenty- a little older- less power

07 plate pros- warrenty-more power

07 plate cons - more money

What do people think ? Also the car will only be doing 2-4k a year, cheer for your help

Good question. I've never driven a 313 BHP version but more than happy with the earliest model (the 276).

Sounds to me like your into modding in which case you may as well free up the cash by getting a good quality older model. Overall the differences in terms of straight line speed is apparently very small (how often are you really going to need the extra power and how much of it is pub talk?). Depends what your plans are with the zed. I knew I wanted an extremely well looked after example and knew I wanted to place my mark on it through modding (it gets very expensive as you probably know). Would I tell myself a year ago that I should hold out for a more powerful younger model? No. I saved a lot of cash and got the perfect example after waiting a very long time.

Zeds are all about noise and good looks. If you want raw power, I suggest and Evo or something.

Ya i see what you mean but are they better cars than the 06 plates ? Did nissan change anything on them other than the engine?

Slightly better plastic interior (better feel to it, but nothing drastic like a sudden german car interior worthy of the extra cash) and a few changes to the button layouts. Has LEDs as well (which can be brought separately from ZManAlex on here). I have the older model and the interior is slightly different, yet I totally changed it using carbon parts inside.

The 313 BHP model also has a bulge in the bonnet rather than a slight indent. I prefer the older looking bonnet (looks more sporty than muscle car like the newest version).

All the questions have been asked before - try searching the FAQs section. :)

as the models go up so does the weight.

abbey motorsport have found that the most gains can be got out of the 276 version which also after some good choice mods actually produces more torque than a 313 with mods and a tune.

as a stock car difference between 276 -313 is aparently noticable when driving, but between the 296 and the 313 i'm unsure.

if you put 3 stock zeds on the track the difference between them is about a gnats testicle (very slight)

all are good cars, just find the best example the rest will come.

if you into moddibg i'd say go for the 276 as there are more engine parts available more choice on aftermarket parts, (but that will change as time goes on)

up to you.

Not looking at one from a stealer , but could get a warrenty from someone like warrenty direct, but then again i will only be doing 200-300 miles a month so wander if its even worth worrying about. So i am guessing that the 313 are not worth the extra money.

I wouldn't worry about it mate. If you find yourself a well looked after example then it should be pretty solid. I've never heard of any engine issues with them (they're bullet proof) and if something does go wrong, I very much doubt you'll be spending an extra £2k+ on fixing it (the same cash you decided to spend on the newest model).

There are some nice cars that go for sale on here by us enthusiasts that totally cherish them. It's just a matter of keeping an eye out for the right one (patience is your friend). :thumbs:

I got mine from a fellow enthusiast and nothing has gone wrong so far. No warranty needed. :)

This topic was already covered a while back but I would go for the 313 - the slight reworking of the engine has given it more lower down torque and the fuel economy is a lot better in my view, plus they seem to sounds louder (probably because of the twin air intakes) B)

The '06 cars are probably a very close call though but I am biased ;)

Wish I got paid to climb trees! Mind you, I still blush when I get my paycheck. . .

Sounds like the one you found will be good. I've heard the 07 models have lighter steering and clutch, might be worth test driving both to see if it makes enough difference to you. £1500 doesn't sound like much difference to me tho, I'd prob opt for a newer model and save the money you would have used for a remap etc.

Ya i see what you mean but are they better cars than the 06 plates ? Did nissan change anything on them other than the engine?

Slightly better plastic interior (better feel to it, but nothing drastic like a sudden german car interior worthy of the extra cash) and a few changes to the button layouts. Has LEDs as well (which can be brought separately from ZManAlex on here). I have the older model and the interior is slightly different, yet I totally changed it using carbon parts inside.

The 313 BHP model also has a bulge in the bonnet rather than a slight indent. I prefer the older looking bonnet (looks more sporty than muscle car like the newest version).

All the questions have been asked before - try searching the FAQs section. :)

No, the 06 also has the facelift and upgraded interior, lights etc. The only cosmetic difference between a MY06 and a MY07 is the bonnet bulge.

What do you drive at the moment?

If you are coming from a fiesta or something then all versions are going to feel seriously quick.

The extra BHP really won't make that much difference on the road I suspect, although you might prefer the style of the different engines...