Stanski's 370Z Roadster micro Picture review

stanski

Since we could'nt make the Thursday prelaunch to see the 370 roadster and Cube (hot on the heels of Shire's thread) we popped into Westway Oldham today.

No 370z anywhere to be seen but a couple of Cubes (is that a Rectangle!) :p

The coupe was out on a test drive and the roadster was at the Rochdale branch - so we bobbed over there later to see it.

I will do a seperate thread for the Cube - I dont want your broadband to melt with the number of pictures!

The coupe we saw at Oldham when it turned up - quite like it in black actually- cant see fangs so much B)

YaCg8MerAq.jpg

kCSc9UGUJW.jpg

wPhtGdkvsw.jpg

There is my Shark amongst the Minnoes!

oE2GDRa7NI.jpg

So then the 370Z roadster at Westway Rochdale in all its glory.

Originally I liked this colour blue but having seen it close up I dont - if nothing else it will date quicker than Katie Price! :lol:

JE2Hpsih5h.jpg

r5MIht9N1t.jpg

So much fuss over this little object! To be fair it does look like they ran out of money at this point and made it from Airfix parts! :lol:

3PVoK20qa2.jpg

Its best side in my view B)

MspW1Lael5.jpg

Here's looking at you Fang! :shutup: (Sorry Colin)

bTayTmgFKs.jpg

OmpDdz8T5n.jpg

k4nqiUog6T.jpg

This is more fussy than the control deck of the Star ship Enterprise! Interior is much higher quality feel than the 350 but you still see familiar parts and mouldings they kept over.

fPcfK4uKDG.jpg

I had the drivers seat right back and there was'nt much leg room to spare ! The seats did feel a bit cramped - they grab your bum of course but a bit too well.

9VBiPVj4Om.jpg

Luggage space no where near as big as mine but not too far off and yes Colin I peeked underneath - no Scissor jack just a wheel brace - the air compressor is huge btw!

3tfITnCXOa.jpg

The windsheild is perspex and cheapo looking - my old one was glass :dry:

55r3JhaOF5.jpg

GMVjk1Mw4a.jpg

We did'nt arrange a test drive, fortunately, :surrender: as we both would have one tomorrow if money was no object!

Yes there I have said it I loved it - still not 100% on all the design aspects but not enough to put me off. B)

One thing I would'nt do though is pay the £36K this one was up for sale for! Madness! :wacko:

+1 on it being overpriced. For 35k, you could have bought a fully loaded new Z4 or 3 series hard top convertible. :dry:

I agree it is too expensive, but I find beemers sooo boring to drive :yawn:

A major factor in the percieved expensive price is the showroom tax, if you look at the base price (not OTR) its quite a good price, once again its the government screwing us over! :surrender:

It does absolutely nothing for me, coupe or roadster the 350 is far better looking than the 370, when buying my 350 pricing was one factor (value for money) £30000 or £43000 for similar spec boxster S, I like to be different so I bought the zed saved loads and still enjoy driving it today four and half years later, if I had to make that choice now I would still buy a 350.

Max.

35K for a Merc, BMW or Porshe is sort of justified. For a Nissan :nono:..unless it's a GTR. Huge difference in the after sales customer service. Nissan's customer service in general are rubbish.

I'm not so sure Porker service is that much better I have heard enough stories from

bods to tell me otherwise an Audi is particularly poor!

I do think Nissan are pricing themselves out and peeing on their own shoes.

As I mentioned yesterday you need to see it for yourself in the flesh they have even matched the bumper paint really well so someone must be listening.

I would seriously consider the roadster in the future as a second hand purchase. If it goes

as well as Colin says then smiles all round. I am not sure Nissan will leave it as long to change the 370 as they did the 350 so it's probably a stopgap car is my feeling.

I agree on the black over the blue.

See a black coupe in wilmslow quite often but felt too shy to ogle for too long up close at the interior (while it was parked I hasten to add :lol: ) so cheers for the pics.

No worries mate - card it next time you see it - I carded a 55 plate 350Z in the car park at Westway - cheeky I know but what the hell!

They had a Black 350z coupe on a 2008 plate for whisker under £20K - are they avin a arf! :headhurt: