20's Causing Traction Control to Come on

geoff-r

After some help on this really. I just put my new wheels on (20 inch) and my car is now undriveable which is really not making me happy, the traction control kicks in ALL the time. I have to drive around with the traction control off which is all good and well but it's avoiding the problem really. The front hubs have 20mm Eibach spacers on them which seem to be as tight as they can go, there are no clearance issues. I've had my wheels on 5 minutes and I'm this close to taking them off and selling them if they're going to cause me these issues. Has anyone else come across this problem?

There's my issue. I think in my impatience and not realising different profiles would cause an issue I've bought the wrong tyre, mind you I did question that with the place I bought them from and they assured me I wouldn't notice a thing. What a pain in the arse! Car looks nice on the wheels but I can't really drive it, time to crack my commuter back out for the weekend :(

My 20's have Toyo T1R's

F - 245/35/20

R - 275/30/20

I have F - 255/40/20 and R - 285/30/20. The rears were what I questioned as I requested a '35' profile not '30' but they assured me it would be all good. Maybe I should take this up with the place I bought them although I wish I hadn't bought them mail order now.

My 20's have Toyo T1R's

F - 245/35/20

R - 275/30/20

I have F - 255/40/20 and R - 285/30/20. The rears were what I questioned as I requested a '35' profile not '30' but they assured me it would be all good. Maybe I should take this up with the place I bought them although I wish I hadn't bought them mail order now.

No wonder your having problems, running 40 upfront and 30 on the rear :headhurt:

255/40 and 285/30 are strange sizes.....

I'd keep it matching profile. I'm pretty sure mine are 30 all round and I have no issues.

That's good to know mate. So I'm not going to whip them off and sell them just yet. Standard the alloys have 40 on the front and 35 on the rear, I'm just going to have to get a set with a 35 profile on the rear then. Thanks for the input guys. I just wish I'd realised the importance of rolling radius' prior to buying tyres.

255/40 and 285/30 are strange sizes.....

I'd keep it matching profile. I'm pretty sure mine are 30 all round and I have no issues.

That's good to know mate. So I'm not going to whip them off and sell them just yet. Standard the alloys have 40 on the front and 35 on the rear, I'm just going to have to get a set with a 35 profile on the rear then. Thanks for the input guys. I just wish I'd realised the importance of rolling radius' prior to buying tyres.

Damn, I'd have given you £100 for the wheels.... ;):lol::lol::lol:

I think changing to a matched profile will sort you out.

Use this and all shall be revealed

245/30/20 and 285/30/20 are the correct sizes if you're going to keep the rolling radius the same.

I don't know if having a 30 profile all round is keeping the rolling radius the same. The profile is a ratio of the wheel width. I think I'm going to go back to the people I bought the tyres off, if they kick up a fuss the receipt I have states the tyre sizes I paid for and I have correspondence showing that after paying they realised they didn't have my size in stock and they suggested an alternative that would be 'as good as the original tyre'.

Use this and all shall be revealed

245/30/20 and 285/30/20 are the correct sizes if you're going to keep the rolling radius the same.

I don't know if having a 30 profile all round is keeping the rolling radius the same.

If you use the link I supplied then you'll see that it keeps the rolling radius as close to original specs as is possible. Don't just take my word for it, give it a go yourself and see.