About to puchase

Hello

I have found the 350z that I want. its a 58 reg 09 car, GT spec.

Help though, I took it out for a test drive and 6th gear crunched quite badly. The garage said that they would fix it and have had to send off for a part from Japan, a sliding something or other.

I am now worried if i should by this car or not. Its from a Nissan main dealer. Does any one have any help or suggestions?

thanks

Worried nearly owner

Hi and welcome.

If you call the dealer and ask them exactly what the issue is (tell them no to spare any technical terms and write it all down) then post it up here for our techie people to have a look at.

You'll get better advice from here than from any Nissan dealer.

Welcome to the forum :thumbs:

I'd steer clear............for an 12 month old car to be crunchy in the gear box it must've been thrashed................then again Martin's right ask them exactly what they're diagnosing and post it up for more advice.

If you've got the budget to be looking at stealer prices on a relatively new car there's penty out there for the money ;)

Welcome to the forum :thumbs:

I'd steer clear............for an 12 month old car to be crunchy in the gear box it must've been thrashed................then again Martin's right ask them exactly what they're diagnosing and post it up for more advice.

If you've got the budget to be looking at stealer prices on a relatively new car there's penty out there for the money ;)

+1 have a look at those on offer here from Z enthusiasts :)

can anyone clarify what part the sliding hub is?

personally my gearbox started with a light crunch in 6th which then moved to include 5th and its bad enough now i have a new gearbox on its way. fortunately on the warranty money not mine. be very sure they have fixed the problem as it could be pricey, people on here will help lots!! :)

EDIT: we believe mine to be a manufacturer fault with the synchromesh

Hi

thats what we have agreed to do. I had a big debate with them earlier. Parts should arrive early in the week,so should be able to drive it Fiday/Saturday.

it all warranty and they are fixing paint work (few scratches) and 4 new tyres. It, I hope, will be like new.

I will let you know

;)

wouldn't bother with the tyres, get them to give the money off for the tyres instead and then go and get some yourself. They'll only put on the OEM tyre which is poor compared to say Toyo's or Falkens, whuch are cheaper too. :)

agreed, the bridgestone re040's they will most likely be put on will be poor. if they put bridgestone re050's on its not so bad :D