Autoglym

350 Russ

what does everyone think of autoglym car cleaning products? ive always used them apart from one try with turtle wax which went straight to the back of the cupboard after and has never come back out and thought they were quite good but was wondering what everyone else thinks of them and if there are much better products out there?

I used to use Autoglym about 10 years ago but things have moved on since then.I found that most of their products left a white powder behind,was a pain to get rid of.

As you said there is a lot better stuff out there now.Have a look on detailingworld to see what's available now.

Well to give an idea, I detailed an R6 today that belongs to a work colleague. I used Meguiars, Blackfire, Dodo Juice, Gloss It and Bilt Hamber products.

I don't use Autoglym generally as I've found better for the money.

im after something to replace this, its good stuff but does get a bit dusty and is a b*****d to get off of black plasticy bits like the ariel etc

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/AUTOGLYM-SUPER-RE ... _500wt_956

Only got a bit of the SRP left but have used the megs 3 stage stuff a few times now, clean, polish then wax.

Use that wax with the 3 step, then the week after a little easy wash and then dodo light fantastic (from Kudos ;) ) and then a few days after that a spray over with dodo juice red mist as a sealer.... After that is would be light fantastic and then again the sealer a day or so after. The red mist needs the wax to cure first before you put it on.. its down as a Quick Detailer but it also works as a sealer / hard coat!

Like Stew on the products.

Half cleaned the car yesterday.I used Valet Pro(x3),Megs(x2) and Dodo(x2) etc.

All info on products picked up on the forum.10/10 for all members.

I also run an estate for dogs,horse,family etc. so they all get tested on that.

Can not stand Megs NTX spray polish(it's one big smear).

Autoglym is quite good stuff, but over priced. As with everything, once it gets a mainstream rep, it becomes overpriced, same with Megs now. IMO Dodo Juice do fantastic products and although can be a bit pricey, they are well worth it. I'm with Stew, try Lime Prime (or Lite if you want no cut).

Remember to tape off any plastic bits near to where you are polishing and to wax or seal the car afterwards to protect your nice shiney paint work.

Also check out DetailingWorld - http://www.detailingworld.co.uk/ - for guides on how to do it properly. IMO the biggest factor to keeping a good shine is washing properly with the 2BM method as it keeps the paint swirl free. Any small scratches you inflict in the paint ultimately detract from the shine which no wax will be able to get you back :thumbs: Also if you can stretch to it, get your car machine polished by a pro, well worth the effort and cost. You could spend way more on differnt products to get a shine that they can get in a few hours working on your baby B)

I use LIme prime and lime prime lite day in/day out and they both offer excellent value for money imho.

Compare the equivalent Swissvax or Zymol product and you're looking at double the price.

Autoglym have some good stuff, but not a lot has been added to the range in the last 10 years or so, compared to other brands.

Yes the probably are market leaders, but that in no part is prob due to the fact its all you can get easily in Halfords!!

If you do want the Dodo products I do have a BIG range in my shop at www.envyvaleting.co.uk/products.asp and am happy to answer any questions on the range.

Best wishes

Tim

I have used Autoglym High Definition wax for the last couple of times. A few long trips up some wet salty motorways and the zed still looks just washed. All the wet muck just blows off.

Great product but make sure there are no water marks left after washing and before waxing as this polish has no cleaning property at all and you end up with polished water marks. Well worth the £25 ebay price. (£40 Halfords).

I have used Autoglym High Definition wax for the last couple of times. A few long trips up some wet salty motorways and the zed still looks just washed. All the wet muck just blows off.

Great product but make sure there are no water marks left after washing and before waxing as this polish has no cleaning property at all and you end up with polished water marks. Well worth the £25 ebay price. (£40 Halfords).

This is a wax not a polish. Polish cleans the paint of contaminants and can be abrasive (remove some clearcoat), wax is a protectant layer which goes over the paint to stop contaminants sticking to the paint. This is why watermarks remain with wax, its not meant to clean them off ;)

I have both.

Not sure how much cut LP has, not done any comparison to be honest and wouldn't want to mislead you. It has enough though if you what I mean....

No worries, as long as its not massively abrasive, then thats good enough ;)

I have both.

Not sure how much cut LP has, not done any comparison to be honest and wouldn't want to mislead you. It has enough though if you what I mean....

No worries, as long as its not massively abrasive, then thats good enough ;)

Perfect for prepping a new car! ;)

I did Jaynes with it when she took delivery.

Follow it up with LPL for the best result too......