uk to JDM rear bumper swap...

poverty

I am hopefully doing this at the weekend thanks to the help of a member on here :thumbs:

Just wondering, is this a direct swap? I presume it it, but do the recess lights match up? As UK is obviously wider. I'm not able to go check the car right now as its away.

Any help? :boat:

think your going to need the rear number plate light barm you mite be able to modify your uk one, i know the uk cars are worth more money, (why i dont know) But 100% agree that the jdm number plate recess looks so much nicer, if mine was a uk car i would definatly put jdm bumpers on it,

on a plus side if you sell your original uk bumpers they are worth more than the jdm ones so you should get more money back on them

Got an after market JDM one on mine and the lights fit ok. If your going to do it 100% then it would be worth getting a cluster from a breakers but not a major requirment

how bad is the fit mate? any pics showing which is the problem area?

Thanks guys.

ps, i'll be keeping my uk rear. i like having the option. if JDM rears get 'scene' then i'll switch back to UK. when it comes to selling i'd like the buyer to have the option also.

Got an after market JDM one on mine and the lights fit ok. If your going to do it 100% then it would be worth getting a cluster from a breakers but not a major requirment

how bad is the fit mate? any pics showing which is the problem area?

Thanks guys.

ps, i'll be keeping my uk rear. i like having the option. if JDM rears get 'scene' then i'll switch back to UK. when it comes to selling i'd like the buyer to have the option also.

Its not bad!! I wouldnt have it on my car if it was!! they sit above the holes and they cast light on the numberplate!

i changed my jdm to a uk one and its a straight swap, there is a metal number plate holder for the jdm which is hinged behind the bumper but everything is a straight swap! im not too sure about the number plate lights but as i was going the other way to a uk one mine are smaller have big gaps each side but you may have to cut yours down :headhurt:

jdm rules, dunno why people prefur uk cars, if it were a civic, integra, skyline or scooby people prefur the imports, dunno why the zed is differant? maybe its because the cars arnt old enough yet?

in the cases of other JDM cars the JDM version was a lot more hardcore than the softer UK versions, things like higher power and LSD's on the import but not on UKDM's.

With the Zed, other than slightly stiffer suspension, it's not exactly a hardcore alternative!

I've had a JDM Zed previously and now have a UK Zed and tbh I think the JDM rear plate recess suit the lines of the Zed better - even more so when you start to mod.

my 1st Zed on JDM plate (anyone recognise the house?)-

FTOMeetWestClareDec07039.jpg

then with an INGs rear on JDM plate

Feb08backup176.jpg

Present SC Zed with UK plate

Dec09050.jpg

jdm rules, dunno why people prefur uk cars, if it were a civic, integra, skyline or scooby people prefur the imports, dunno why the zed is differant? maybe its because the cars arnt old enough yet?

But it isn't.....

:lol: