RACING TOWING TOW HOOK Group Buy *closed*

nurrish

Sorted chaps all in the post

expect them either tomorrow of friday

they are on recorded so make sure someone is home :teeth:

Still waiting on shire! if someone has his address please let me know as i can't just put shire350z on his and post it :lol:

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mine's the wrong thread. But i'm sure i can get someone to knock me something up to get it on there.

Your right its seems the 16mm thread is wrong. I will do some research in getting this sorted. As you said it shouldn't be difficult

I love it mate, just need a red Veilside badge now but need to remortgage to pay for that :lol:

Got the bolt & 4 nuts from a local motor factors....£1.50 all in, job done.

Just need to work out where to put my plate now! :blush:

All I did was get a long bolt with the same thread as the black fastener piece of the actual towing eye and some nuts. I fed the new bolt through the hole and secured it at the back with two nuts, tightening one onto the other so they cannot come loose. I then did the same on the front so the bolt was secured in place then simply twisted the actual towing eye on. Had to adjust it slightly so it was horizontal and stuck out enough/not too much and had to make sure the nuts were wide enough so as to not be pulled through the towing eye hole when tightened. It could do with another bolt tightened onto the actual towing eye piece as well to make sure that is secure but I didn't have enough available. Will try and get some pics when I get 5 mins as the battery died on my camera earlier. I have no idea if it will be strong enough to actually tow the car using this method but in all honesty, mine is more for aesthetics and will just have to risk it if I do need a tow.

does this mean that my tow eye wont fit? (16mm)

I bought it because my original is missing and might need it in an emergency. I'll fit it in April when my bumpers coming off anyway. I hope some of you guys can get a good guide up.

Andy, great idea! with the right bolt size and a few nuts I'm sure that the car could be towed with it!!

• 4 weeks later...