RACING TOWING TOW HOOK Group Buy *closed*

nurrish

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you could just cut the hole and leave it there :shrug:

nope, because then my air scoop would fall off.

the air scoop is currently held with a bolt through the towing eye socket. if i left the blot in, but just cut a whole, i'd still need to take the bumper off to remove the bolt.

this option swaps the bolt for a towing eye.

but what i might do is hide the towing eye behind the plate if i don't like the look

I was thinking about this as well; I have the K&N Typhoon on mine, with the scoop attached to a long bolt that passes through the towing eye hole. Would putting one of these on allow me to bolt the scoop to the back of the towing eye hook or is the thread not long enough on these hooks? I think the thread needs to be at least 70mm to be able to bolt the scoop to the back of it - anyone have any idea how long the thread is on these hooks?

It's quite hard for me to get to get access to mine at the moment but from how I can measure it, i am going for a 16mm. Updated below :thumbs:

1: Nurrish - Red - 22mm

2: Andy - Red - 16mm

3: fakeindian -Red - TBC

4: rtbiscuit - Red - TBC

5: GT4 Zed - Red - 22mm

6: Lincolnbaggie - Silver - 16mm

the trick is to enlarge the hole through the scoop, then this will go through the scoop and straight into the bolt hole.

Can't picture that :headhurt: The scoop fixes behind the ally crossmember - bolt has to go through the hole from front to back and then scoop fixes to the end of the bolt behing the crossmember? If the bolt isn't long enough to reach through the bolt hole and leave enough at the back to get a nut on it can't be done (or am I missing something here :blush: )

the trick is to enlarge the hole through the scoop, then this will go through the scoop and straight into the bolt hole.

Can't picture that :headhurt: The scoop fixes behind the ally crossmember - bolt has to go through the hole from front to back and then scoop fixes to the end of the bolt behing the crossmember? If the bolt isn't long enough to reach through the bolt hole and leave enough at the back to get a nut on it can't be done (or am I missing something here :blush: )

i'm going on memory a bit, i know its possible though as i think this is what fiddy has done. (i think :blush::lol: )

hopefully he'll post up and help out

Ok i have got some prices back.

For the 6 people we have now the price comes to £42 shipped to your door. If we can get 10 People it will come down to £36 shipped to your door

i will give it a few more days to see if we can reach 10 and then i will start taking payments

Any questions feel free to ask :thumbs:

Anyone has a pic of a blade with Nismo 1 bumper and black mesh with one of those hooks on?

I'm indecided between silver/red/black.

Am I right to think JDM 03= 16mm?

Soon i decided the colour I'll put my name down

look in the boot under the carpet where the spare is, your towing eye should be there.

just measure it for the correct diameter ;)

Unfortunatly my Zed wont be ready till next week now :byebye:

Lincolnbaggie: You ordered a 16mm what model do you have?

Mine's a 53 plate (November 2003). I think all early cars were 16 mm and later ones (06 onwards) were 22 mm, but that's for UK cars - no idea for JDM, sorry.

I'm in! Got an N2 front bumper and I have no idea about the towing hook!

4: rtbiscuit - Red - TBC

5: GT4 Zed - Red - 22mm

6: Lincolnbaggie - Silver - 16mm

7: Alessandro - Silver - 16mm

8. BRO-T - Red - TBC

New Grill goes on tomorrow so I'll get in on this. :thumbs: