No 350 yet

Hi there. My name's Wayne and I'm from Oxford. I don't actually own a 350Z yet but it's top of the list for replacing my Lotus Elise that I sold at the weekend. I'm here at the moment to ask a couple of questions from knowledgeable owners like yourselves...

Oh, it's the Roadster I've got my eye on - prefer the wind in my hair :)

Been less than 24 hours and I miss it already! Drove it to Milan on Saturday to deliver it to its new owner. Good way to see her off I suppose.

3549925308_4b9a538ef6.jpg

Thanks James - I did try a quick search but turns back 100's of individual posts rather than topics. I'll have a sift through though.

I'd have given my back teath for the S2 elise! I love the z! but IMO the elise is better!

But I suspect a lot harder to live with. Well, I hope so, as that's the reason I sold it and am now looking at the 350!

:welcome: to the club mate. Can't go wrong with a roadster, nothing like the sound of the engine with the roof down.

Good luck with your hunting. :thumbs:

LOL well yeah i guess you can get more than a handbag in the back! but you go from a £20 fill per tank to a £90 fill! and both do about the same miles per tank.. I drove an elise around scotland and I have to say i had a blast! the elise is much more lively than the Z in acceleration and handling, but the z has the power and top end, I think where as the elise is a tight country roads and track special the z is very much a GT long trips, motorways and winding roads.. just my opinion

LOL well yeah i guess you can get more than a handbag in the back! but you go from a £20 fill per tank to a £90 fill! and both do about the same miles per tank.. I drove an elise around scotland and I have to say i had a blast! the elise is much more lively than the Z in acceleration and handling, but the z has the power and top end, I think where as the elise is a tight country roads and track special the z is very much a GT long trips, motorways and winding roads.. just my opinion

Yeah I think my running costs will go up, but thankfully don't need to drive to work so the petrol will be for pleasure only ;)

Having not driven a 350 yet... I'd agree with you, just looking at them you'd figure as much. And a more comfortable grand tourer is what I'm after, without losing the 'tight' feel of a 2 seater.

Cheers

Another ex S2 owner :wave: Welcome along, What sort of age/ Spec Zed are you after?

Nice colour. Is that an S or 111S?

I've got a £15k limit but would like some change. Seen some older higher mileage Roadsters for £12k and some lower, newer ones for about £15k. If I can get a nice lower mileage model for £14k I'll be happy.

It was a 111s with a few light mods K20 :teeth::teeth::teeth:

Ah very nice. I had the pleasure of driving one of those whilst mine was in for a service. That said, I preferred the more brutal cam shift that my 111R had, than the smoother i-VTEC pull.

So why did you switch to a Z?

I had a vx220 before and changed to a 350z. Its a good step, the zed gives a certain amount of driving pleasure you get from an Elise, but is so much more refined.

Sure give you a twisty road and the Elise will be more fun, but the Zed is better than most in that department, plus its better on the motorway, easier to get into and out of, plenty quick and looks great too!

You'll love it I'm sure! :thumbs: