Window tinting

ATTAK Z

Used this place today .............. Sam the owner is a very nice guy and did a fantastic job at very short notice :thumbs:

I just needed some repairs and he matched everything up perfectly

http://gatewayautotints.co.uk/index.htm

Thanks for your recommendation Shire but the above is a bit closer to me and was also recommended by a friend

Can anyone quote the current law on window tinting please ......and...can anyone give examples of how it is being enforced ......... I'm a bit worried about how to react if I'm stopped by the police since my tinting did comply when it was fitted in 2004 IIRC, but I don't think it complies with the current law :headhurt:

i got a 65-70% tint all round on my ST, and lets face it, its a boy racer car. i had no trouble in the 10 months it was on. i was even complimented in ilford police station where i was working for a few weeks. i think they only pull you if

a) your driving like a tit

B) if they are proper limo black, ie 100%.

the backs can be whatever you want but the fronts have to be <30%. IIRC.

i will want to do this at some point.

out of interest,

is yours a "film" that just sticks to the window? or is it "dipped". i perfer the dipped look but its more expensive.

Sparky

• 3 weeks later...

The law as far as I know is absolutely no tint on windscreen or front sides. On the rear window and side rears you can do whatever you want :thumbs:

I think it changed from the percentage measuring in 2008? I'm sure somebody will correct me if not.

The law as far as I know is absolutely no tint on windscreen or front sides. On the rear window and side rears you can do whatever you want :thumbs:

I think it changed from the percentage measuring in 2008? I'm sure somebody will correct me if not.

I can't confirm that but I seem to remember the law changed in 2004 shortly after I had mine done

30% tint (ie 70% light in) on the front and sides...

Front and sides are tinted 30% OEM (had this tested by a policeman but the side of the road and they tested at 33%... his volvo tested at 36% IIRC!) So if you tint the front and sides your illegal.

Also dont think i matters or the rules were any different 5 years ago! One of the friendly boys in blue that frequent this site should be able to confirm.

You can go as black as you want on the rear side and back windows...

30% tint (ie 70% light in) on the front and sides...

Front and sides are tinted 30% OEM (had this tested by a policeman but the side of the road and they tested at 33%... his volvo tested at 36% IIRC!) So if you tint the front and sides your illegal.

Also dont think i matters or the rules were any different 5 years ago! One of the friendly boys in blue that frequent this site should be able to confirm.

You can go as black as you want on the rear side and back windows...

+1

And they can make you remove them at the side of the road :thumbdown:

One of the friendly boys in blue that frequent this site should be able to confirm.

;)

As I said before, tinting the windscreen and front sides is illegal full stop. All the rears can be done to whatever tint you like :thumbs: