Hello from a newbie to the NA world!

Hi everyone, i'm Will. Been into drifting for a long time, and have built numerous Toyota's all with 1JZ engine's. Been DIY building/tuning these cars for about 5 years now and am looking for something a bit more challenging!

Bit of a stupid time to join as i'm flying out to Afghanistan tomorrow, but intend to get plenty of research underway whilst im out there for my return in 6 months time :D

I plan to buy a Cat-D front end damaged 350Z, which i can repair and hopefully improve on to save money. Will go down the N/A route initially, maybe SC later on. Mainly intend on getting as much weight out of the car as possible, want to aim for around 1250kg, and about 300-320hp at the fly, i think they are both fairly optimistic figures but achievable with the right ideas :D

Anyways, goodbye for now!

Thanks for the kinds words guys :)

Been working out a quick short list of bolts ons to play with in the summer, see what you think;

4.08 Final drive with a Kaaz 2-way LSD

HSD Coilovers

Full japspeed set up, manifolds, y pipe, cat back

Plenum spacer, not sure which

UpRev tune up from Abbey

and some sort of CAI, also not sure what to go for yet

Any rocommendations? do's and dont's?

Will see how that runs for a while, concentrate more on the footwork (suspension arms, sway bars etc) then would like to go for a set of brian crower cams with the springs etc. Hoping with the weight loss and final drive should be enough to drift with competatively.

Will certainly start a build thread, just a shame i have to wait so long!

Although will be back for 2 weeks in the middle of my tour sometime and hope to pick up the car in that time, then order the above parts whilst im away for the second half, will be like Christmas when im back!

:welcome:

some nice plans, personally i'd leave the y pipe out if your going down the japspeed route. and get an xyz pipe from abbey m/s. the japspeed manifolds have built in decat pipes, so come mot time it would be a pain. the xyz pipe will allow a single easy to change pipe in the straight section which can have a choice of straight pipe, sport cat, or full cat.

welcome and take it you're in the army, what do you do?

300-320 on fly shouldn't be hard to get out of the Z na. lots of good threads regarding making the z lighter. Hood, Boot and seats are probably the quickest way to save weight, then doors?

Are you planning a track tool or road or both?

:wave:

• 5 months later...

Still here guys - 5 weeks and ill be home!

Probably looking at picking up a cheap Z now, not crash damaged.

Will have a budget of around £7000 if anyone is selling ill be ready to buy end of August :D

Cheers

Will