Sometimes I just have to admit men have their uses

nixy

well so far i've had the weekend from hell. After being assured by my ex that the heating oil was on a top up service I came home last night to find the boiler has locked out. Went outside in the dark with my torch, climbed up to get to the top of tank, dropped a long stick in it cos the guage is busted and you guessed it NO OIL. So therefore no heating and no hot water....... So i'm thinking I can't order any more oil until monday and its freezing cold but I have to say thank god for Total Butler - they are brilliant! I phoned expecting to have to leave a message on a machine at 6.30pm on a friday night but they were open until 7 and at 9am this morning I had a man out in a big oil tanker with my thousand litre delivery. BUT boiler still wouldn't work - if you let the system run out of oil completely you need a plumber to re prime the boiler......so by this time i'm mega pee'd off and my fingers are going blue - open the living room door and there is a sodding starling going mental flying around the room which has fallen down the chimney (AGAIN!) You would have laughed if you could have seen me with a giant coat on with the hood up attempting to go into the room and open the patio doors, but no matter how much I wanted to I just couldn't - I never realised how scared a bird could make me! Anyway, I got one of the neighbours to come and rescue me from the bird and luckily a friend of my son's is a plumber and he came and sorted the boiler out, but I have to say that this morning, nearly in tears with frustration etc and feeling like a helpless and useless woman, I don't mind admitting it was nice to have a couple of handy men to the rescue! Make the most of this post, i'll be cursing the whole male population by about.............tea time i reckon! :p

You lasses would be lost without us men :disguise:

Glad your sorted now chuck.... temperature seems to be dropping again :cold:

Got to clean the zed now brrrrrrrrr :dry:

I reckon you're one of those 'modern' men that would also have needed a plumber and a bird catcher! :p

Time to get some mesh added to the chimny Nic, having birds in your living room when you get home is only a good thing when they are fit and horny....and human :p

Ahahah!

I'll adapt a little more to that, Mark...

And not flailing their wings/arms about in a frenzy of panic, dumping their excrement everywhere.

Oh, and good little read, this was. :thumbs: For a minute, or two, while reading it seemingly blotted out this hangover.

Glad your problems are solved. Where would you be without us chaps? :bangin:

Time to get some mesh added to the chimny Nic, having birds in your living room when you get home is only a good thing when they are fit and horny....and human :p

I know! How do i get one of those up there though? What would you even look for in the yellow pages? Also i guess because i'm moving I never bothered but i never expected another one to do it! At least there wasn't purple berry crap every where this time!

Men + "useful" ........same sentence.......? sorry .....no............doesn't compute :lol:

:lol: Like i said - probably won't need one again for a while - and i DID try to get the plumber to show me how to prime the boiler myself which i reckon i could do easily actually (but he didn't show me).

So pleased the male population has got your approval, bar one ;) :

And you should be a journalist - that's the misquote of the century! :p

Spider clip is :lol:

Nix my Mum got home last nigh to find her oil had been stolen, and she'd just had her tank filled. :angry:

Hope you've got a decent lock on your tank. Mum does now!

Mm i did used to have a padlock on it but thought i was being over cautious - but now its got several hundred quids worth of oil in it you may have a point! :thumbs:

Lack of hotwater and heating has to be one of the biggest discomforts ever, actualy makes you realise how helpless we are without technology these days! I went camping over new year in -15 with some mates to try doing some survival stuff, no tents etc. They loved it, but i was just wet, uncomfortable and miserable!

Gimme central heating anyday. Good news your sorted anyway