UK v Import Fuel Consumption?

Tricky-Ricky

Just wondering are UK 350Z owners getting consistently better MPG than Import cars?

Be interesting to find out.

Edit! OK maybe i should of stated my reasoning behind the question,

Which is because the UK 350Z has a more advanced ECU IE it runs wideband lambda sensors, and so monitors the AFRs in realtime, along with quite a few other functions, i wondered if it was more fuel efficient as a result.

Obviously i expected the smart ass "you bought the wrong car if you're worried about fuel consumption" crack, well actually i am! as i have come from driving something that makes the 350Z look silly,

So yes i would quite enjoy getting a few more MPG :p

I have a UK 2004 GT and I normally hit between 19-22mpg....round town and weekend runs out so mixture.. :teeth:

Ive run the tank from full to empty (Optimax) on the motorway down south and back up on the same day. Running about 80mph on c/c and got 29.3mph.... :thumbs:

I get between 18 and 32 depending on how I drive and how far I go..... as I am having a Scorpion fitted next week so I can imagine my MPG aint gonna be good !!!I did not buy the car for the MPG :lol: If your worried about it get a prius :lol:

God I love the noise :yahoo::p:band::drive1:#1:

To be honest does anyone really care? If there is a difference it's probably very small.

I've only had my Z a month or so and almost everyone at work has asked how I can afford the fuel or what it's mpg is.... If I was bothered about either I think I bought the wrong car!

"Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car.

Oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car.

Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall.

Torque is how far you take the wall with you"

just noticed it man!!!! brilliant!!! :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

"Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car.

Oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car.

Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall.

Torque is how far you take the wall with you"

just noticed it man!!!! brilliant!!! :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

haha cool! :clap:

First post now edited to explain why i asked the question, and hopefully avoid the smart ass remarks ;)

Ask a dumb ass question, get a smart ass remark :p

From your edit you say you came from a thirstier car to the Z so why be worried about mpg? It's like trading the missus in for a younger model and worrying that she makes you look old!

First post now edited to explain why i asked the question, and hopefully avoid the smart ass remarks ;)

Hmm you could be right but I have heard its better/easier to tune a JDM as its got a better ecu for remaping. Thats what i heard anyway.

Yes i believe the UK ECU because of the live AFR v airflow monitoring etc will always keep the AFRs to the preset maps, by live reference, so you can't fool them with a piggyback or such like, whereas the J spec ECU is of the more convectional type, and so you have more leeway.

So because of this i would expect the UK car to have slightly better fuel consumption figure's.

Ask a dumb ass question, get a smart ass remark :p

From your edit you say you came from a thirstier car to the Z so why be worried about mpg? It's like trading the missus in for a younger model and worrying that she makes you look old!

Silly me, thought this was a car forum, and i thought i might just get some sensible answers :dry:

as i have come from driving something that makes the 350Z look silly,

you put the supra on a very high pedestal, and seem to spend most of your time grumbling about the short comings of the zed, its like you don't want to change. :shrug:

i'm all for useful discussion, but if you keep waving your supra around like some kind of wonder car, your not going to endear yourself to members. imho :shrug:

for the benefit of the thread.

UK spec car, before the winter was averaging 25 mpg currently down to about 20-23 mpg this is on short journeys about 8 miles a day. this may be down to mods. long journeys was seeing about 32 mpg, currently on about 30 mpg.

hoping after a remap to see a change for the better, but main aim is for performance and torque.

i think the new spoiler has added to the drag co-efficient hence the drop of around 2mpg.

i am monitoring my mpg on my phone with a special app, so should be able to plot any changes from now and through the remap.

hope that helps

Silly me, thought this was a car forum, and i thought i might just get some sensible answers :dry:

yes it is a car forum, my point was car related - why buy a 3.5l V6 sports car and then worry about fuel economy... Anyway can't stop I need to post on the VW Polo BlueMotion forum about lack of performance... :rant:

you put the supra on a very high pedestal, and seem to spend most of your time grumbling about the short comings of the zed, its like you don't want to change. :shrug:

i'm all for useful discussion, but if you keep waving your supra around like some kind of wonder car, your not going to endear yourself to members. imho :shrug:

they both have the same engine so any difference wont even be noticable!! best stick to your precious supra!

i use roadtrip v 1.4

i do it not becuase i'm bothered about it, but i'm sad and like to track the stats of my car :blush: it does loads of things and even gives me a pretty graph when i fill up. also keeps track of things like when my mot and service are due and counts down the milage etc.

i use roadtrip v 1.4

i do it not becuase i'm bothered about it, but i'm sad and like to track the stats of my car :blush: it does loads of things and even gives me a pretty graph when i fill up. also keeps track of things like when my mot and service are due and counts down the milage etc.

I also like Anoraks and train spotting ;)

i use roadtrip v 1.4

I also like Anoraks and train spotting ;)

i'm glad you found a hobby; macdaddy :thumbs::lol:

i use roadtrip v 1.4

just had a look on the appstore certainly is graphtastic! Not sure I would want to be behind you at the pumps, must take 10 minutes to put all the data in :p

Might give the lite version a go just to work out costs etc, is the full one really worth £2.99?

for the benefit of the thread.

UK spec car, before the winter was averaging 25 mpg currently down to about 20-23 mpg this is on short journeys about 8 miles a day. this may be down to mods. long journeys was seeing about 32 mpg, currently on about 30 mpg.

hoping after a remap to see a change for the better, but main aim is for performance and torque.

i think the new spoiler has added to the drag co-efficient hence the drop of around 2mpg.

i am monitoring my mpg on my phone with a special app, so should be able to plot any changes from now and through the remap.

hope that helps

First off you're taking my comment completely out of context, i was referring to the fuel consumption only when referring to the Supra (which incidentally i didn't mention)

Secondly, why the hell am i here asking what i thought to be pretty reasonable questions, if I'm not interested in the 350Z, i am neither trying to endear or alienate myself to other members, except perhaps the ones that have nothing but derision for an answers. (not yourself by the way)

And thanks for the input :)

It was a perfectly valid question IMO, and not designed to run 350Zs down!

FFS can't anyone start a discussion unless its to discuss the merits/demerits of drifting around a rounderbout and filming it :dry:

yes it is a car forum, my point was car related - why buy a 3.5l V6 sports car and then worry about fuel economy... Anyway can't stop I need to post on the VW Polo BlueMotion forum about lack of performance... :rant:

Why not? i was asking the people who might have an interest, if you're not, why bother with the facetious comments? does it make you feel clever :dry:

takes about 30 seconds to do, and as long as you've got the till reciept and keep a note of the odometer you can input it later.

i started on the lite, but upgraded to the full version for the extra things. the lite version will do all your fuel calculating and graphs though.

the full version lets me track things like other costs, mot's servicing etc and also be able to email all the info to my home computer etc.

First off you're taking my comment completely out of context, i was referring to the fuel consumption only when referring to the Supra (which incidentally i didn't mention)

Secondly, why the hell am i here asking what i thought to be pretty reasonable questions, if I'm not interested in the 350Z, i am neither trying to endear or alienate myself to other members, except perhaps the ones that have nothing but derision for an answers. (not yourself by the way)

And thanks for the input :)

its more the image i've felt thats come across over the past few months over several threads. it feels like you know you need to change but for you the change is a compromise on something you love dearly, and i fully understand that. i know that you like the zed, and know that it has good merits, but deep down you still love the supra big time.

changing cars is never easy, especially if you've come from something thats set a high bench mark. but i think with time and a change in driving style that makes the most out of the zed it will be a car that will really grow on you.

personally i think the most we'll notice is a difference of maybe 1 or 2 mpg at most, and their are so many variables like driving styles, how heavy someones foot is etc.

they both have the same engine so any difference wont even be noticable!! best stick to your precious supra!

Oh FFS! when in this thread have i actually referred to my Supra? all i have said is that i have come from something that makes the 350Z look silly, plainly referring to fuel consumption!