GUTTED

dhinsa87

Well went to get in my car this morning only to find that someone has hit it and just drove off!! :angry:

I just cant understand why people do this! I mean i have worked my ass off to get a nice motor, something i can be proud to drive, never mind paying high insurance on it, then some idiot goes and does this! :mad:

Is this really what society is coming too? :shrug:

Well Rant over i guess

one very sad z owner, and poorly z :byebye:

I don't know when it happened as i came off nights yesterday 6am, and didn't drive her, then went to get in it at 10am today to find that.

Damage is dinted front wing over the wheel arch, and damaged alloy.... not looking forward to seeing the bill.....

Sounds very similar to my old car. My rear wheel arch was all caved in. However the person had actually left their number on my windscreen which I thought was quite rare but nice. He turned out to be a neighbour of mine a few doors up who backed out of his drive and clipped my car. Could well be one of your neighbours. Now I never park opposite his drive! But he was thoughtful leaving his number and really friendly when I rang him and admitted total fault. Took about five weeks to get car finally fixed but that was all down to Elephant Insurance who wanted to get their own estimate first but took about two weeks just to pick the car up! :rant: Eventually got my mate, who is a local bodyshop worker to fix it for a fraction of their estimate - as their estimate would have meant writing my car off due to their estimate coming in at around over £2k. But my mate got it all done for £600 and did a great job. That was all on my old mark 3 golf vr6 (1997 2.8 litre) which wasn't worth much hence they wanted to write it off but it probably had about an extra £4k worth of work on it, but they don't look at this of course.

Hope it all works out well and keep ringing them up if they take too long to deal with it. Elephant, which are the same as Admiral were horrendous.

Sorry to hear that mate! I parked in a supermarket carpark the other day and was heading into the shop. A young girl swung open the door of her 206 and wedged it against a merc! She couldn't close her door as she had opened so hard that it was actually stuck - she had to rock the merc with her arse to free her door. I stood and watched thinking fair play - stupid but she didn't mean it and will leave a note! Instead she walked off with her two mates laughing about it.

So I did her a favour and left a note for her on the persons car. :lol:

Sorry to hear that mate! I parked in a supermarket carpark the other day and was heading into the shop. A young girl swung open the door of her 206 and wedged it against a merc! She couldn't close her door as she had opened so hard that it was actually stuck - she had to rock the merc with her arse to free her door. I stood and watched thinking fair play - stupid but she didn't mean it and will leave a note! Instead she walked off with her two mates laughing about it.

So I did her a favour and left a note for her on the persons car. :lol:

:lol::thumbs:

Good on you cragus! I bet that bi-itch got a shock when the guy phoned her up hahaha

I didn't have her number (wouldn't of wanted it either - she was huge) :lol: Left her reg plate and my details with note saying what had happened.

I would hope that someone to do the same with me but i tend to park so far away that people are too lazy to park near me and walk for 60 secs to the shop door.

That's shocking! Happens all to often I fear.

But as we are finding out, even if whoever hits you seem sound at the time, later they can be a to$$er. :dry:

Thing is, you're almost instructed to not admit fault to anything when it comes to insurance. No wonder our premiums are so high!

People that ding your car with their door are the FKIN worst! Sometimes they are completely oblivious to what they have done, or just don't give a crap if they do.

Just because your car is a crap heap, or you don't care, doesn't mean the owner of the other car feels the same! :angry:

I always park miles away from anyone else when I can. Invariably, when I can't I come back to find a bloody door dent :rant::angry::bang:

Sorry :)