do you suffer from imbreds

drob

is it me or are people oblivious to how quick the z is, i went out this morning half 10 and cruising along the motor way all i hear is beep beep beep and its some moran in a toyota celica 180 wanting to race, i couldnt be bothered but then his mate threw rubbish at the car so i was like :angry: oh no you didnt, so i gav him what he wanted and left him hundreds of meters behind me, finally catches up and then decides to tail gate me for miles. why are some people just imbreds...... its like everyone wants to race me

is it me or are people oblivious to how quick the z is, i went out this morning half 10 and cruising along the motor way all i hear is beep beep beep and its some moran in a toyota celica 180 wanting to race, i couldnt be bothered but then his mate threw rubbish at the car so i was like :angry: oh no you didnt, so i gav him what he wanted and left him hundreds of meters behind me, finally catches up and then decides to tail gate me for miles. why are some people just imbreds...... its like everyone wants to race me

viewtopic.php?f=13&t=31331 ;)

I'm always getting challenged on the road and for the most part I ignore -especially by scoobies and mitzis - but occasionally I put my foot down and leave them for dust. I think half the time they do it just to see how fast the Zed is etc.

I overtook a modded MG the other day on a single carriageway, and he got the hump and caught me up and started tailgating me so I slowed right down and let him pass. He didn't look as though he was old enough to start shaving yet :lol: cant have been older than 17!

Too many teenagers on the road in far too powerful cars :rant:

viewtopic.php?f=13&t=31331 ;)

:lol:

I hardly ever get anyone wanting to race at all :shrug:

The only one i can think of recently is an old shape Clio 197 i think... it was heavily modded and very quick. It was about 3 or 4 straight drag races and every one we were equal up to about 90 and then i started to pull away very slightly. I was impressed with it :blush:

I used to get those all the time when I stayed out in the country, they would want to get a race out of you. So you give them one, beat them comprehensively and then THEY take the hump......WTF!!!

It would only be once in a blue moon that I would beat someone and they would give me a little flash of their headlights as recognition for a good wee race.

Detest guys who when you are on the motorway and you come up to some traffic start weaving up the inside lanes overtaking to get back out in the outside lane further down.

I think if/when i get a 350Z its going to be a very strange experience, as i am used to ignoring everything unless its either exotic or well tuned, otherwise its just a waste of petrol in a single turbo Supra.

Having said that there are always quicker cars out there ;)

I know it shouldn't bother me, and its not like i am up for a bit of a play that often, but knowing that you can be trashed by just about any turbo car, and quite a few mundane cars doesn't really contribute to the feeling of driving something a little special.

I think if/when i get a 350Z its going to be a very strange experience, as i am used to ignoring everything unless its either exotic or well tuned, otherwise its just a waste of petrol in a single turbo Supra.

Having said that there are always quicker cars out there ;)

I know it shouldn't bother me, and its not like i am up for a bit of a play that often, but knowing that you can be trashed by just about any turbo car, and quite a few mundane cars doesn't really contribute to the feeling of driving something a little special.

I see your point, but i think the zed is a lot more fun to drive than 95% of other cars, even though its not the quickest. I've had fast bmw's in the past and they are so boring.

I'm always getting challenged on the road and for the most part I ignore -especially by scoobies and mitzis - but occasionally I put my foot down and leave them for dust. I think half the time they do it just to see how fast the Zed is etc.

I overtook a modded MG the other day on a single carriageway, and he got the hump and caught me up and started tailgating me so I slowed right down and let him pass. He didn't look as though he was old enough to start shaving yet :lol: cant have been older than 17!

Too many teenagers on the road in far too powerful cars :rant:

Ah such a fave of mine, overtake them and then they chase you thinking they are all over you when they come up behind.. wait for them to try and overtake you and then speed match them for a bit (conditions allowing of course!)... then floor it leaving them looking like idiots in the wrong lane...

Not had anyone goad me for ages... guess I am not driving the car enough! Did have a play with a GT3 the other day on a dual carridgeway.... more like he was playing with me though! Must have timed it right the first time as I kept up with him for a bit and then he left me for dead... Just left me thinking that his was about 5 times the price but wasnt 5 times as fast :)

Ah such a fave of mine, overtake them and then they chase you thinking they are all over you when they come up behind.. wait for them to try and overtake you and then speed match them for a bit (conditions allowing of course!)... then floor it leaving them looking like idiots in the wrong lane...

I've just realised that that's what I've been doing subconsciously as well :lol:

I've just realised that that's what I've been doing subconsciously as well :lol:

Subconsciously my arse!!! If you have a cheeky sideways glance to look to see if they are overtaking you and you have a massive smile on your face when you leave them for dust it is all consciously!!! :p;)

I hardly ever get anyone wanting to race at all :shrug:

The only one i can think of recently is an old shape Clio 197 i think... it was heavily modded and very quick. It was about 3 or 4 straight drag races and every one we were equal up to about 90 and then i started to pull away very slightly. I was impressed with it :blush:

Clio keeping up, jeeze suprising, i knew the sports versions cant remember what they are called for the life of me were quick, but otherwise even with mods didnt think they would be anything on a zed..

Very surpised.

TBH though i remember in the Smart roadster people used to mock it for straightline speed (although it felt like a rocket when you were driving it ) but in terms of handleing round roundabout and corners you could beat anything they were like driving a caterham. it was only once you were out of teh bend on teh straight that you wished you had more power :( but now i have the Zed :)

Im quite looking forward to my first proper at the lights faceoff, so far havent had one in the zed always makes me smile when it happens in any car, aslong as people keep it safe and fun.

today i had a little play with a audi S4 '06 plate at some traffic lights, he got the drop on me for about the first 3 feet then kept side by side until i had to let him in as the road changed from 2 to 1 lane, then back into dual carriageway, he just couldn't escape until i backed off after seeing the er speed we had got to, i was laughing all the way :lol: so a car costing more than mine when NEW just couldn't get away until i let him :lol: