Pulled by the bizzies

maxi-glasgow

Was driving from Paisley to Johnstone last night following a mate as didn't know where I was going.

We came up to set of lights, left hand lane is for straight ahead and right hand lane is filter to turn right. Police transit is parked in left hand lane about 1 cars length from lights. My mate pulls in front of it more or less leaving me sitting on outside of van.

Lights go green to go straight ahead so mate pulls away and so do I, the van also starts moving very slowly forward so I slow down and we are moving side by side about 5mph, I freewheel and he still sits at this speed so I pull away behind my mate as think he is going to be pulling in.

Come up to next lights and right hand lane is straight ahead and left hand lane is turn left only. My mate pulls up in right hand lane so I pull up behind him. Police transit pulls up in left hand lane beside me and copper gets out and comes round to my window, I put it down and ask what he wants?

He asks what kind of manoeuvre was that I pulled off, I explained that HE was the one illegally parked in a filter lane and should not be pulling away, but I sat driving slowly to allow him out which he didn't do so I had no choice but to continue on my journey, he just looked at me and said 'just pay attention to the road in future'

Was absolutely fuming. So as he was walking away, I just said 'you were the one parked not me'. he just drew me a look and got back in the van.

Had my blood boiling, who do they think they are.

I hate the lot of them!

I was once taken back to a Police Station and they tried to charge me with going equiped as I had a big bunch of car keys on me for various cars I owned. I wouldn't have minded as much if I looked like some sort of pikey. No time for them at all, bunch of power hungry ars*holes if you ask me :angry:

I'm very sure 90% of police officers are great and very good at their job. It's unfortunate that the 10% spoil the reputation of them all.

+1 and it's probably fewer than 10%

Like anyone ... things happen to put you in a bad mood sometimes and this was obviously that guy's day to take it out on someone ... have a :rant: and move on

I was "hit and run" in my own street a few years ago - head went through passenger window of my own 323i and a few scrapes and bruises. :bang: Tried to run after them :boxing: but my legs were a bit wobbly so couldn't catch them. The car that did it was a small red 2 door (it was dark)

Now I live in a cul-de-sac and the car came from the blocked end so I'm guessing it was a resident. In the morning I drove down the bottom of the road and found a red Fiesta with a scrape on its o/s front bumper. I parked the Beemer next to the Fiesta and opened the passenger door (the one they hit - along with me) and the scrape on the bumper EXACTLY matched a scrape on the door.

I went to the police station and told them about this and gave them the reg of the Fiesta. I wanted them to go round the owners house and ask if they knew anything. Guess what they said.....................

"Sorry sir, nothing we can do. There is no evidence the Fiesta was involved and it would infringe their Human Rights" :headhurt::headhurt::headhurt:

As a police officer myself, I can vouch for the 90% that aren't arseholes. I'm quite aware of the power hungry (usually younger) officers. Unfortunately they completely ruin our reputation.

Alot of officers are very reasonable, just remember whatever grief you get from police, we get tenfold from the general public!

As a police officer myself, I can vouch for the 90% that aren't arseholes. I'm quite aware of the power hungry (usually younger) officers. Unfortunately they completely ruin our reputation.

Alot of officers are very reasonable, just remember whatever grief you get from police, we get tenfold from the general public!

True - my complaint above was more about "the system" that you work under, rather than individuals. :)

True - my complaint above was more about "the system" that you work under, rather than individuals. :)

Trust me i'm as small fan of the system as you are!

Trust me i'm as small fan of the system as you are!

Cool. Can you go and knock on the door of the ba***rd who tried to mow me down then!! :rant:

I refer everybody to the "ranting copper" that we had on the Wales run. Just shows some of them should never have been given a uniform.

North wales police are notorious. Know a fair few who have not the nicest things to say about em.

But my mate is a copper and he says he does the **** test. If they are a clever **** he throws the book at them. If they are polite and agreable then he is more lenient.

Been pulled twice and both times copper has been sound withme once he realised I wasn't going to argue. So no complaints ....yet!

only got caught speeding once, and it was in north wales,

been stopped a couple of times before, and both times i've been nice and polite, and so has the officer and all has been fine.

seems the north wales constabulary have a stick up their arse :lol:

got several mates on the thin blue line, and they are all top blokes. :thumbs: and good coppers