Thought id give a heads up ...

ChrisUUC

Hey guys!

Thought id give any potential buyers out there a heads up on this car.

http://www.s2000-4u.co.uk/vehicle-detai ... ID=1116307

I was in talks with the previous owner on this car some months back, it has 6 or 7 previous owners reasons werent disclosed and also he was willing to sell it to me for £12,400-£12,500 I have the emails to prove this also. I didnt bother with it for the above ownership value and also shady history. Think it was a members on here prior to the guy I spoke with about it.

Just didnt want anyone getting ripped off.

Chris

There's many reasons I wouldn't buy from S20004U, but I'm struggling to see what's wrong with that car. Three and a half years old and six owners really isn't anything to worry about that much, as three of the owners could well be garages that bought/sold the car in the first place. Also, since it's an '06 it's not impossible that whoever purchased it didn't do their maths correctly regarding road tax and that made them want to sell quickly, or perhaps they just couldn't stomach the running costs fuel-wise. It's not hideously overpriced for the age and mileage (don't forget that the garage has to make a profit somewhere, so if they bought it for £12K then that's about right), and with the extra bits and pieces it's not a bad car for the right person.

Always buy on condition of the car first and foremost. S20004U does have a terrible rep when it comes to selling cars, I know, but if that was for sale anywhere else would anyone bat an eyelid? Unless the OP knows exactly what (if any) issues that particular car has, then I'm inclined to say that there's precious little wrong with it as it stands.

Well im only giving my opinion at the end of the day ... if someone buys it fair enough. But theres a reason this guy didnt sell it privately and had to hand it over to S20004U ... its 6 owners so the next would be the 7th ... you try selling a car with 7 owners in 3 odd years ... its woeful. My 200sx I had was a 98 and only had 3 owners ...

S20004U probably paid that guy about 11500 pounds for this car as he was going to sell it to me for around 12,300. So they have basically just added 3 grand on to the price ... I find it hard to grasp the fact that this doesnt seem strange.

Three and a half years old and six owners really isn't anything to worry about that much, as three of the owners could well be garages that bought/sold the car in the first place.

Well not really, garages don't get classed as owners hence why there is a "sold to the motor trade" box to tick on your V5.

However its not unusually for sports cars to have a lot of owners. People buy them not realising they are impratical, thirsty, noisey etc and get a shock when they have driven it for a few weeks and sell on fast.

However the fact the guy couldn't shift a low mileage 06 model for £12.5k is a bit strange...

Three and a half years old and six owners really isn't anything to worry about that much, as three of the owners could well be garages that bought/sold the car in the first place.

Well not really, garages don't get classed as owners hence why there is a "sold to the motor trade" box to tick on your V5.

However its not unusually for sports cars to have a lot of owners. People buy them not realising they are impratical, thirsty, noisey etc and get a shock when they have driven it for a few weeks and sell on fast.

However the fact the guy couldn't shift a low mileage 06 model for £12.5k is a bit strange...

When you buy Lambo's & Ferrari's its actually very very suprising when they only have one or two owners. They get bough by speculators looking to turn a quick buck out of the latest car and people who literally only want to own them for the summer etc. Don't automatically assume that lots of owners means bad things about the car...........I don't think I've ever even looked how many owners my cars have had, if the car is mint and a good price, I buy it, simples.

When you buy Lambo's & Ferrari's its actually very very suprising when they only have one or two owners. They get bough by speculators looking to turn a quick buck out of the latest car and people who literally only want to own them for the summer etc. Don't automatically assume that lots of owners means bad things about the car...........I don't think I've ever even looked how many owners my cars have had, if the car is mint and a good price, I buy it, simples.

This is a 350Z not a supercar, regardless of who is selling it. If the average ownership is 6 months, alarm bells will ring.

Also if you was the 7th owner and looking to sell it on, good luck to you.