Under Chassis X brace

maz77

Got this gt spec m8. made a hell of a difference....but a nightmare over speed bumps especially if the car is lowered....and if you knock it hard then it may bend and the exhaust rattles like mad on it....waiting update from zmanalex on tying the exhaust up...

just ordered a rear vertical and some front verticals (a top and a bottom suspension struts or smth) from adam but waiting delivery... :thumbs:

a good thing is that it protects my precious nismo exhaust!!! ;)

Maz,

I run with the full GT spec kit on my Roadster: 7 pieces in total.

Strut Brace

Front wing fenders

Front Brace

4 point mid brace

2 rear Braces.

I do not find much difference on spirited road driving but the kit totally transforms the car on track especially if you are running big power.

I would think that any one who has sat beside me on track will vouch for that.

Alex.

exhaust rattles like mad on it....waiting update from zmanalex on tying the exhaust up...

Not forgotten Chris, ;):lol:

Adverse weather conditions :cold: have not allowed me to get the car on the ramp for some piccies. Soon my friend soon. :thumbs:

Alex.

I found the 4-piece Summit version to be an absolute revelation on my car. I ran the seperate pieces at different times to see the full extent of the differences, and I found the following:

Main cross brace: Took out a lot of the flex and vibrations of the car (but bear in mind this is on a Roadster), car felt tighter but not hugely different in corners.

+ front lower brace: Sharpened up the steering by A LOT, and I cannot emphasise that enough. The car became pin-point sharp in the corners.

+ both rear braces: With the rears on as well, it gave the car almost a rear-engined 911 feel as you could feel exactly what the rear end was doing, which gave far more confidence on getting the power down coming out of corners.

For a coupe I'm not sure I'd bother with the cross brace at first, but certainly the front and rear parts should be a must-have on anyone's list of mods to do. I would get these bits done before any major suspension changes (damper or spring) and see what you want to do from there. Tbh it's a bit of a surprise that these aren't considered a must-do mod by more people on here, but then seeing as how most people buy the car for the looks than spirited driving I guess that's not too surprising. In addition to what Greekman says about catching the cross brace when lowered, I can confirm that you'll get this on cars with standard suspension and stupidly high speedbumps too, however it's quite minor and if you drive slowly all you'll do is scratch it and give yourself a fear over the noise it makes! ;):lol:

Tbh it's a bit of a surprise that these aren't considered a must-do mod by more people on here, but then seeing as how most people buy the car for the looks than spirited driving I guess that's not too surprising.

I think for most coupe owners, they dont make as noticable a difference as they do on the roadster. Plus few people track their cars enough to warrent the cash, and most people say you can hardly notice them on the road (even during spirited driving) where most people do their driving :)

See, I totally disagree: Most of my driving is on the road (95%), and yet even at low speeds the immediacy of the car willing to react to input makes the bracing something every Zed should have. Like I said above though, I do agree that the cross brace probably won't make too much difference in the coupe.

+10000000 on everything you v said so far..... :thumbs:

(for a change.....) :p

:lol: :lol: :lol::clap:

@Rich: Wonder if Adam can do them cheaper from the States? That said, I do genuinely believe that even at Envy prices they're still a bargain.

you got you summit stuff for a flipping bargain, hadn't realised how much you saved. am quite envious now

Yeah, the cross brace front fittings are damn clever but hugely frustrating to fit! :lol:

I fitted the front and cross bracing myself and it's a straightforward job, but due to running out of time and getting a geo the next day anyway I let DMS fit the rear bits.