Trashed my Z...

jay3032

Came off the dual carriage way just before xmas and ended up in a stream in a ditch, back end just flipped out on diesel and ice at about 40mph coming off a roundabout!

Insurance have just told me it will cost 12K to put right so unfortunately its a total loss! Absolutely Gutted! No more Zedding!

Cheers fellas, yeah weather didnt help, think it was about -2 that night so roads were like glass plus diesel equals a bad combination

To add insult to injury im havin to drive around in a ford ka til they pay out but it could of been a lot worse as I walked away fine!

Luckily im fine, just cant believe its 12k of damage! I think that the water got into the electrics tho, insurance have been great, paid 11.5k for the car 8 months ago and been offered 10.5k payout

Will defo be back in a Z at some point but just fancy a change for a while!

Thanks for the advice but I think it may be better to just cut my losses on this one, back axle completely bent, front and back bumper, suspension, side skirts, engine flooded with water and wont start, interior flooded, drivers door, thinking that the car will have to be straightened by a jig too!

Total change I think, Range Rover Sport, but it was great fun!

I have a RRS as a daily driver - absolutely totally different cars - the RRS is far superior in this type of weather but as soon as we're back in + degrees I'll be back in the Zed. The RRS is a seriously comfortable and roomy bus but the Zed has everything else - looks,performance, handling and better reliability.

However if you had to pick two cars to own - you could do much worse than owning these two - they really do complement each other.

This is my dilemma, my idea is RangeRover Sport until about July then part ex against a 370z, normally swap cars every 6 to 9 months anyway.

Sold an 04 M3 to get the Z and was really impressed, real head turner and proper fun to drive, if I could afford both id be happy

Really sorry to hear about your accident. Just glad you walked away fine. I had a similar accident in my old car a few years back - overturned my golf into a ditch.

How did your old M3 compare to the Z? Performance wise I assume the M3 would have the edge top end but I far prefer the exclusive look of the Z compared to the 3 series M3.

Good luck in your new purchase Jay - hopefully it can work out for the best.

Sorry to hear about your Zed mate :thumbdown: Not built for the snow and I have been getting loads of calls in the last 2 weeks with people needing suspension because of the back ends stepping out :thumbdown: Range Rovers are a great choice :thumbs: