work out

stichy

Training your legs is a very important part of any exercise routine. One session working your legs can burn energy all night while you are sleeping and recoverying.

Although its not ideal for your knees running is still one of the best forms of exercise, especially paired with swimming. When I used to Thai-box religiously everyone was after a six pack. They would do millions of sit-ups and my trainer would just send me out running. Everyone has the muslces that make a six pack, you just have to get rid of the sh*t thats around it!!

Also for grip and forearms couldn't agree more with a power ball and climbing. You will have forearms like Popeye (or Husky) in no time!! A would highly recommend a martial art though, never been as fit as when I used to Thai-box.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Training and getting right is a mind field i have spent some years studying and train, got to GB level at uni (playing American football). The old saying of you are what you eat - is spot on. I train very differently, i train for power and strength but i also phase my training. At the moment i am only doing dead lifts, push press, clean, hangs, bench, standing jump. I only do 3 reps and 3 sets of these, and train them three times a week.

I am not a fan of doing sit ups every day or in fact doing them at all....If i do my exercise correctly my core will be worked to max anyway.

Anyway there is lots out there and it depends on what and where you are going with it

hmm. i cant see 3reps/3sets of those really working your core muscles to their max tbh :shrug:

I lift near max all the time, but its the exercise that are going to strengthen the core....Cleans, deads, hang and jumps are what all great for working the core...

I do ABS everyday too, it recovers so fast you can get away with it :thumbs:

Coops

ABS are like any other muscle (becuase they are a muscle) if you train the correctly (asumming 3-4 set and 10 or reps) then you shouldnt train them again with a couple of days....I would be willing to guess you are not doing them correctly..

Ditto, done correctly you'r abs should be sore for a day or two.

Rest is very important and much needed.

The most annoying thing about getting a six pack is maintaining it ...

I usually just change my diet and workouts around 4 - 6 weeks before going on holiday to get my abs looking their best ...

apart from that I don't really care about having a bit of extra fat ...

The most annoying thing about getting a six pack is maintaining it ...

I usually just change my diet and workouts around 4 - 6 weeks before going on holiday to get my abs looking their best ...

apart from that I don't really care about having a bit of extra fat ...

actually better for training that little tubby tyre :lol:

Here you go Nixy. This is me in my glory. A lot of good things said here. Basics are,1st - you are what you eat :snack: 2nd resting / sleeping is very important. The importance in your training is strictness and no 3 red lighting. Only train 1 muscle group weekly (excluding abs, which can be every 2nd day). no need for more has they get workouts has secondary muscle groups during your other training. Has for legs, it is important that the whole body is trained. I read an article a few years a go regarding a study on training legs. The guy trained legs only for a given period and his biceps grew 2 inches!! Squats is probably the most single exercise that will strengthen the whole muscle groups. Supplements are also important due to the busy lives we lead, its difficult to get all you need from eating unless you are eating 6 meals a day (like some of my friends)

Image094.jpg

I was wondering how long it would take before pics were gonna start appearing :lol:

so how long before we can have a - show us your six pack - thread then? :lol:

Im soo proud of my 6 pack i keep it covered under a soft protective layer :teeth:

genius response :lol:

why do people do Chest and bicep on the same day?

when you do a back workout ur biceps are the secondary muscle being worked, so it makes sense to do the biceps after, Just like you would work your triceps after doing a chest work out. Doing shoulders should be a workout in itself as in nearly all upper body workouts your shoulders are being work too.

If you find anything hurting then your doing it wrong, weights to heavy or your not warmed the right muscles properly.

Also people saying about "for every push exercise, you must do a pulling exercise" what a myth!! their is no balancing out your posture, everytime you do and exercise simple steps. abs tight, shoulders back .

:boxing:

also the reason that your tri's hurt after a chest workout is because your are working them hard kepping the weight in the air and under control,

If you take suppliments then only take WHEY protein, plenty, you only need creatine if your a bloody triathlete etc doing 2-3 hours in the gym, ur body produces its own anyway. anything else?????

I think that one thing is clear on here and that is that everyone is different and different things work for different people, I have a very intense training program, Not as intense as the one i had in the Falkland Islands, while there i was in the gym for hours and hours a day, everything from tabbing, running, circuits, weights, boxing, football swimming etc I was taking protein and creatine i did a month in the middle without the creatine and noticed a difference when i started taking it again, But when back in the uk and doing a slightly less intense program i only take protein, lots and lots of protein as much as i can in meals then suppliment it with shakes.

While in the F.Islands i was doing a small ABS workout 6 days a week, Yes it killed the next day at first but after a while i was able to do it, i was advised this was ok by a marine PTI and the results proved he was right. Also whilst there i nearly doubled what i could lift on nearly all exercises, again techniquie is what it is about not the number on the end of what your lifting! Also put on alot of weight While there :)

Just getting back into it now :wacko: I hate the first few sessions but once you get going its all good :D

My work so far this week

Mon Circuits AM, Chest and Tri's PM

Tue Run AM (little 4mile), Back and Bi's PM

Wed Circuits AM, day off weights but working on some cars PM

Thu Nothing AM, Shoulders and short run PM

Fri Circuits AM, Legs PM

Sat Chest and Tris AM, Nothing PM drove to wales

Sun RUN AM Back and Bi's PM

Coops

Kr-evolution (creatine) = Fantastic stuff, no need for "off" months and clear difference when none available

caffine = the single best thing i have ever taken before a workout 150 - 200 mg half hour before :evil:

protein = pretty self explanitory.

tue, chest and Bi's

wed, shoulders and tri's

thursday, back and traps

Fit my abs in which ever day im not fooked after main workout.

After listening to alot of prev posts here im thinking of starting to train my legs on mondays.

Taking loads of protein is a waste of time. Your body can only obsorb so much the rest is like beer, pi**ed on the wall. The most important time to take protein is straight after your workout, or within 20 mins of finishing after that your body will take less. I also found protein and creatine mix together 30 mins prior to workout worked for me, and dont forget the aminos, these are the building blocks.We are all different in many ways,size/build/metabolism etc, hence the way we do things is different. Read your body, thats the way. What you see is what you are. If you see a change for the better then its working.

Regarding the people stating hours of training then I totally disagree. Dont get me wrong I think all fall foul of more is better, its not true. Your workouts should be approx 40 minutes long, period.

Please remember the big difference between body building and body muscle training. one you`ll end up competing for Mr Universe, the other you`ll be looking more than the average dude in the night club.

Taking loads of protein is a waste of time. Your body can only obsorb so much the rest is like beer, pi**ed on the wall. The most important time to take protein is straight after your workout, or within 20 mins of finishing after that your body will take less. I also found protein and creatine mix together 30 mins prior to workout worked for me, and dont forget the aminos, these are the building blocks.We are all different in many ways,size/build/metabolism etc, hence the way we do things is different. Read your body, thats the way. What you see is what you are. If you see a change for the better then its working.

Regarding the people stating hours of training then I totally disagree. Dont get me wrong I think all fall foul of more is better, its not true. Your workouts should be approx 40 minutes long, period.

Please remember the big difference between body building and body muscle training. one you`ll end up competing for Mr Universe, the other you`ll be looking more than the average dude in the night club.

Taking loads of protein is a waste of time. Your body can only obsorb so much the rest is like beer, pi**ed on the wall.

+1 :thumbs:

Some people think that Protein powders are a wonder drug that can give you lots of muscle ... the reality is that they are only there to help get protein and carbs to your muscles FAST ... which is exactly what you need after a workout ...

They will do nothing for you if you aren't eating correctly for the rest of the day ...

You've gotta think about what's more important ... the 1 hour at the gym, or the other 23 hours in the day where you eat and rest ...