work out

stichy

ive just started a training routine at the gym, because im going to be doing alot of track driving, and i might have a drive test a full on racer :thumbs: . i dont wont my weak body letting me down, just my driving :lol:

i need to get my fitness up, not a problem. apart from my fore arms???? how do i work this?

and keep it clean :D

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

rock climbing, indoor. going by the size of mine i would say it works :lol: either that or windsurfing when it gets warmer, also another one i do :lol:

if you want gym routines. theres a simple one you can do. get a bar, tie a rope to it, add a weight at the bottom. now hold the thing straight out infront of you in both hands. now roll the rope up all the way to the top and unroll back down. repeat. :)

rock climbing, that sounds a good idea, a mate of mine ha just finished his own wall.on the side of his house.

and i like the rope thing :thumbs:

im shocked, is that the first usefull post you've posted :lol:

nah i have to post some now and again :lol:

:thumbs:

As a regular gym go'er I'm constantly looking for new exercises and ways to improve strength ...

After spending a Long time searching on the net I found a really useful site with routines and exercises etc ...

I've posted the link below for forearm workouts but they cover every muscle group in great detail ...

Hope it helps :thumbs:

http://www.muscleandstrength.com/exerci ... earms.html

As a regular gym go'er I'm constantly looking for new exercises and ways to improve strength ...

After spending a Long time searching on the net I found a really useful site with routines and exercises etc ...

I've posted the link below for forearm workouts but they cover every muscle group in great detail ...

Hope it helps :thumbs:

http://www.muscleandstrength.com/exerci ... earms.html

seems like a good website for trying different exercises :thumbs:

Speaking of the gym i had a hard session today after 1 month off due to xmas and one thing or another, did chest and tri's i now cant drive :(

Gotta love the burn, Back and bi's 2mow cant wait :D

As for forarms, tbh i dont really do alot with them but when i do i get an olympic bar the hold it in my hands palms down(like holding a bike handle bar, about 4 inches apart then kneel down next to a bench, put my wrists and forearms on the edge of the bench and raise and lower the bar using my wrists, sometimes i let the bar roll down towards my finge tips, then roll it back up then raise, just to increase the burn for extra measure. Often feels like it isnt doing much but after 2 sets of 10 :scare:

Also find my shoulders often hurt after being on the track for a long time so mayb add some shoulder stuff in there too :thumbs:

Coops

Speaking of the gym i had a hard session today after 1 month off due to xmas and one thing or another, did chest and tri's i now cant drive :(

As for forarms, tbh i dont really do alot with them but when i do i get an olympic bar the hold it in my hands palms down(like holding a bike handle bar, about 4 inches apart then kneel down next to a bench, put my wrists and forearms on the edge of the bench and raise and lower the bar using my wrists, sometimes i let the bar roll down towards my finge tips, then roll it back up then raise, just to increase the burn for extra measure. Often feels like it isnt doing much but after 2 sets of 10 :scare:

Also find my shoulders often hurt after being on the track for a long time so mayb add some shoulder stuff in there too :thumbs:

Coops

very sound advice sounds like :)

back and biceps is ace!! although triceps is prob my fav, can work them till they drop off!

i find it hard to drive after i return to climbing after a wee break :S that and i lose half the skin on my hands :dummy:

I do like tri's, Everyone like the results of the t-shirt muscle ;)

Chest and bi's prob my fav tbh :teeth:

My hands are pretty sore, they get nothing but abuse, if they aint getting cut, burnt, trapped and covered in shite fixing cars, they are getting abused down the gym gripping weights and if they aint doing either of those then the are being abused climbing :wacko:

Coops

Coops

I know the feeling, as the Gym i train at is a "back street" private gym the only parking is outside the main door down an alley way or the main street. As i had to abandon the Zed on the main road i came out half way to move her closer to the safety of the main door. Having just completed a few sets of 21's (and the girls watching from the bus stop) i jumped in and stared driving.

Was ment to turn left down the alley but went straight forward :scare::scare:

So i ended up looking like a flapping idiot infront of the girls trying to turn the wheel :blush:

chest and bi's FTW :evil:

p.s. awesome site btw narcotix

I've been hitting the gym hard this week ... I wasn't able to go over Christmas and New Years due to illness but thankfully I'm feeling back to normal now ...

I've been changing my workouts around a bit so that I keep my body guessing ... it's defintely working but takes a lot of time to notice any major improvements ...

At the moment I'm splitting my days like:

1.Back & Tri's

2. Legs & Abs

3 Chest & Bi's

4. Day Off

5. Shoulders & Traps

6. Cardio

7. Day Off

I used to do chest and tri's but always found that I wasn't able to get a proper work out on my tri's as they were slightly worked out from my chest exercises ... doing bi's means that the muscle is fresh and I can get a lot more out of it ..

The main thing without a doubt though .. Is your diet! You can spend all the hours of the day in the gym but if you're not eating right, then you're not going to make the progress and gains you want ...

The main thing without a doubt though .. Is your diet! You can spend all the hours of the day in the gym but if you're not eating right, then you're not going to make the progress and gains you want ...

+1

I dont normally do chest and tri's together but like you i have just mixed my workout big time, also doing them together means double tri workout :D

I dont really bother with legs, i think i will start doing some tho, just hate not been able to walk properly :lol:

I do ABS everyday too, it recovers so fast you can get away with it :thumbs:

Coops

I've only just started doing legs workouts a few months now ... it's really difficult at first because you're not used to the pain .. but after a few weeks it's the same as every other muscle .. you can feel that you've worked them but they don't ache as much ...

I was advised by a friend who is a long time bodybuilder that legs are VERY important to your overall muscle growth ... as they are the biggest muscle in your body they produce the most amount of growth hormones after a killer workout ... so working legs can actually make you bigger overall ...

I started with light squats and it's amazing how quickly you can improve just by going regualrly and eating right ...

I love working abs ... but don't really hammer them until about spring though ... There's no point for me anyway as during the winter months I mainly concentrate on adding weight .. I'm already looking forward to March so that I can introduce more cardio into my workout and getting rid of the excess weight ...

Training and getting right is a mind field i have spent some years studying and train, got to GB level at uni (playing American football). The old saying of you are what you eat - is spot on. I train very differently, i train for power and strength but i also phase my training. At the moment i am only doing dead lifts, push press, clean, hangs, bench, standing jump. I only do 3 reps and 3 sets of these, and train them three times a week.

I am not a fan of doing sit ups every day or in fact doing them at all....If i do my exercise correctly my core will be worked to max anyway.

Anyway there is lots out there and it depends on what and where you are going with it

Training and getting right is a mind field i have spent some years studying and train, got to GB level at uni (playing American football). The old saying of you are what you eat - is spot on. I train very differently, i train for power and strength but i also phase my training. At the moment i am only doing dead lifts, push press, clean, hangs, bench, standing jump. I only do 3 reps and 3 sets of these, and train them three times a week.

I am not a fan of doing sit ups every day or in fact doing them at all....If i do my exercise correctly my core will be worked to max anyway.

Anyway there is lots out there and it depends on what and where you are going with it

hmm. i cant see 3reps/3sets of those really working your core muscles to their max tbh :shrug:

I do ABS everyday too, it recovers so fast you can get away with it :thumbs:

Coops

ABS are like any other muscle (becuase they are a muscle) if you train the correctly (asumming 3-4 set and 10 or reps) then you shouldnt train them again with a couple of days....I would be willing to guess you are not doing them correctly..