broke the new alloys :(

Husky

hit ice on the way back from the climbing wall, just coming out of a roundabout. out she goes. up the audi comes. away i steer while slipping everwhere. the audi i miss. the kerb i really dont. BANG.. BANG! sharted one of the front alloys outside, probably sharted the inside of one of the back alloys. they'll have to come off tomorrow and be swapped back to the rays with nankangs. i cant describe how big the sigh is. im going 2 feet forward 3 feet back at this rate with the modding. tomorrow i shall assess the damage, fortunately me and my mate are fine if a bit shaken. his words: "it was just slow motion" "i just saw you steering to compensate and wondered why"

100108_185816-1.jpg

oh no, sorry, but please do not drive with those shitty tyres you have on the rays in this weather PLEASE! I would rather ride a bike or get a bus to work than that. You will be risking the rest of the car with those nankang things!

oh no, sorry, but please do not drive with those shitty tyres you have on the rays in this weather PLEASE! I would rather ride a bike or get a bus to work than that. You will be risking the rest of the car with those nankang things!

tbh the bridgstones werent even attached to the road ever. how much worse can they seriously be than zero traction?

yeah that one seems like the outer lip so possibly repairable although it did chop a chunk out of them. my worry is the second BANG. which was the inside of the back left alloy i think. tomorrow i will see, also see if they keep pressure.

sorry to hear that mate :thumbdown:

it looks like it repairable, and you can get rid of the wee colour :thumbs:

every cloud and all that ;)

well thats the good news really. i was sending them in for refurb anyway

the bad news is im left with the nankangs in the meantime. unless someone with real knowledge of these things says its ok to keep that alloy on

+millionty

Gutted for you mate, but unless it's a matter of life and death I really wouldn't be driving around atm. If that happened with the 'stones then it'll be so much worse with the ditchfinders.

Sorry to hear about that mate! RWD is just a dead loss at the moment, I realised that when I was moving nowhere doing nearly 120mph when I took my car out after it snowed. I swiftly got it pushed all the way home and left it there. It's not touching the road until the ice is gone. I'm sticking to FWD for the moment.

Sorry to hear this John. Can you get public transport to work so your baby is left in a safe place? Certainly wouldn't be driving with that damage & the potential unseen damage. Just hope you can get something sorted.

nope by the time i walk to the bus stop id as well have walked to work, which wouldnt be any fun tbh its a fair way down the sides of roads. ill inspect tomorrow sigh :shrug: