Seasonal price variation?

The Dr!

Hey all. I'm looking at buying a 350 and have been for some time. I know second hand car prices have gone up at the moment, but the prices for a decent 350 seem to have gone up an inordinant amout compared to others. Is there a lot of seasonal price variation with this car that would (for some reason) push the price up during the winter?

My original plan was a budget of 10-12K and there were some stormers coming up on my searches during the summer whereas now I have to raise the price to 13/14k to find anything with a decent milage (and not silver!).

Is it worth waiting around till summer or is it "bite the bullet" time?

i don't think its seasonal, thats just what the market has done, the only 350z that changes in price is the roadster which is usually less in the winter as people don't like to buy ragtops in the wet and cold.

the only reason the prices were less last year was because of a recession and according to the owe wise and wonderful mr brown we are apparently out of it now.

i think the only direction the prices are going is up, but thats imho.

Not a seasonal variation.... Prices of the used Zeds went up 20% in the past 6 months and have sat at a bit of a platau, they may go up a little more towards the summer esp if they are lower milage..

Anyone that thought their car was worth say, £15k in August, and now thinks its worth £18k is deluded......

Not a seasonal variation.... Prices of the used Zeds went up 20% in the past 6 months and have sat at a bit of a platau, they may go up a little more towards the summer esp if they are lower milage..

Anyone that thought their car was worth say, £15k in August, and now thinks its worth £18k is deluded......

That was straight from the Nissan dealers, and was the 6 months from June to Dec, think parkers and the other places reflected that in there publications.... Possibly more down the bottom end so an 8k car came back up to 9.6 and a 10k to 12k

The 15 to 18k jump may not have been as much due to the cost of the 09 ones dropping as martin said (after all you could have picked up an 09 GT for 22k at one point...) so it wasnt accross the board on the 20% increase...

i bought mine for £15k over a year ago, i don't think mine is worth £18k but i definatly reckon i could sell it for more than i bought it for.

but agree i doubt i'd get near the £18k mark. i'd say possibly in between at about £16k ish as a start price easily. only got 20,000 on the clock.

I've seen the prices go up and hold for a bit but the ones that got carried away seem to be sticking around. I'm still seeing the same cars advertised that were there in September. The only ones shifting are the cheaper end. To the OP I'd say not to get hung up on the sticker price, have cash ready and don't be afraid to go in low. :thumbs:

Tell me about it. I bought my 06 Z in November 09 for 15k. I'm kicking myself I didn't scrape up the extra money and buy a brand new 09 ( in Jan 09) GT/Nav for £19.5!!! Fuuuuuuuuuu

Yes, I imagine you would be! :doh:

i bought mine for £15k over a year ago, i don't think mine is worth £18k but i definatly reckon i could sell it for more than i bought it for.

but agree i doubt i'd get near the £18k mark. i'd say possibly in between at about £16k ish as a start price easily. only got 20,000 on the clock.

No you wouldn't. You would struggle to get £14k for it.

Just wait till (I don't even want to say his name) that toss pot in that building in London kills off the value of our cars, at the end of the day, lets face it they're gas guzzlers and not particularly good for the environment, petrol will rocket sky high and make them worthless. What I'm trying to say is bite the bullet and buy one, the sound of a V6 roaring beneath your bonnet has a 'use by date', enjoy it while it lasts and buy one, you won't regret it :)

No you wouldn't. You would struggle to get £14k for it.

reallly?

i just went on autotrader and found at least 10 cars over the first 2 pages of refined search on a 56 plate that were over £16k the rest of the other cars were 07-09 all above £17k

looking on autotrader i think i'd sell easily if i put it straight on at £15k. its all hypothetical as i have no intent on selling.

But they would be facelifts, yours isn't a facelift - It does make a BIG difference unfortunatley. Also, ignore what they are advertised for. Its what they sell for thats important ;)

I had much more interest in my car when it was at 16K than I have since dropping it down to 14.5K.

So far I have had offers of 6K, 7K & 9K from dealers for it & 12.5K from a private buyer, who only offered that much because of the high quality parts :dry:

Also, it wouldn't sell easy. Its silver, there are a million silver zeds for sale all cheaper than 15K. If someone was looking for a Z and came across your 56plate non facelift for 15K & a 54plate for £12K - which would they buy? I know exactly where my money would be going :)

your still £4k short for the rest of the super charger, and thats only if you can fit it yourself.

i tend to look for the newest lowest mileage i can find. nothing wrong with the older ones but thats just me.

i suppose the the OP the only thing to say is good luck in your searcha dn try and find yourself the best example possible for the best price. :thumbs:

I bought my 2nd zed last month after selling my first one in 2008.

Sold a standard jap 03' with 20k miles for £12,000 in July 2008 (Private)

Bought a uk GT 53' with 68k miles for £9700 in Dec 2009 with S/S exhaust, sport clutch & flywheel (from dealer)

Newer car, UK GT, few extras for £3300 less than I paid for my last one.

I looked about for months and ended up going with a dealer, as they need to move their stock on quickly, not hold out for silly money like a lot of the private ads I saw.

BTW - Not fussed about higher mileage as its just had P3 service, tyres & clutch done. Only do 4k miles a year, so by the time I sell it will be average mileage.

Don't know if that will help anyone - but there we go