Wales Meet 2010... Hotels ... no room at the Inn!!

dawnc

Now that the date has been set for the Wales meet I thought i'd have a look at hotels on net, I know some people weren't that keen on the Dene but we thought it served its purpose well even though the rooms maybe weren't the best.

anyway had a look and there was no availability so I phoned them, they are fully booked the whole weekend due to the Chester races :scare:

thought I'd best let everyone know as we might be struggling for accomodation

Thanks for the heads up on this. Indeed you are right and there is a Saturday race fixture at Chester on 22nd May. I will look into it. :)

And like Martin said we may have to change the starting point. Please wait for an itinery to surface. Hopefully i will have something in place soon. :)

Yep races is mad, try out towards LLangollen,Oswestry

http://www.laterooms.com/en/p1301/pv207 ... 4wodF1rtIQ

I can nip into LLangollen over the next week to check a few out if needed.

I'm only 17ish mile away from LLan and there is a Travel lodge sort of thingy there by the Canal(big car park) I could check that out.

30ish mile from Chester

30ish mile from Oswesty

Wrexham have a Ramada but don't now much about it.

This place is half a mile from me it's a three star "Bunk House" rooms of 3,4,5,6 people I think 42 beds

http://www.activitypubs.co.uk/ and I might get a discount !!!

Chris

what about shrewsbury or conwy?

Both good places but it's a bit of a trek then people have to do the run on top of that but then again I can't say anything I am not even going on the run :byebye:

Chester races just take over the entire place and surrounding roads so best revert to a different date or as you say move it away from Chester area all together ?

Trick is to find somewhere suitably central for everyone?

If I end up making this i might just bring a tent! At least you don't need to book :lol:

you know what that isn't a bad idea, i do a lot of D of E stuff might just bring my kit. was an instructor on a gold expedition round that way lasy year so no biggie for me. :lol:

thats the one thing with the dates. i need to find out when the bronze expedition is as i know they have a may one and i have a feeling its then :dry:

At this moment no plan or final route is in place we are hoping to have one very soon. In light of the hotel situation in Chester it is now unlikely to be the base. But we are hoping to have something sorted and announced shortly for somewhere not to far from Chester. ;)

SO UNTIL THE INFO COMES PLEASE DONT PANIC THIS IS STILL THE BEST PART OF 5 MONTHS AWAY.

If I end up making this i might just bring a tent! At least you don't need to book :lol:

you know what that isn't a bad idea, i do a lot of D of E stuff might just bring my kit. was an instructor on a gold expedition round that way lasy year so no biggie for me. :lol:

thats the one thing with the dates. i need to find out when the bronze expedition is as i know they have a may one and i have a feeling its then :dry:

But you aslo hav to remember that we know that you spent most of the time in the van... :lol::lol::lol: