New member/owner sunset orange gt needs advice

Hiya, and happy new year!

I bought a sunset '04 gt model on 40k from nissan last week :teeth:

But.. i have a few niggles with an otherwise perfect 350z;

- bose stereo skips constantly when cold even when parked!

- newly fitted clutch has very sharp feel, difficult to drive or pull away smoothly (is that normal?)

- gear selection very notchy at times, 2nd attempt required quite alot (is that normal too?)

I have come from owning five nissan 200sx's, a 400bhp gti-r, 300zx and a r34gtt skyline- most recently.

The 350 seems the best so far in many ways, but ive only done 100ish miles in it and it seems harder to drive smoothly than all the above and kinda tiring on my icy 50 mile round trip to work daily. :yawn:

Has anyone else come from r34 or 200sx to the 350?

:welcome: to the forum. Yep Bose does skip when cold. I would be tempted to see what the clutch feels like after a couple of hundred miles when bedded in. Not sure about the gearbox thing but i do know it can be an issue.

There is a link somewhere about getting the bose repaired but if you had it from Nissan did they give you a warranty?

:edit: viewtopic.php?f=27&t=15272

Wow! Thanks everyone. what a friendly forum!

Yes, the car has got a warranty, and so i will return to nissan for stereo problem as it is annoying when it skips. hopefully they will fix it :shrug:

I had a feeling that the clutch and g'box was normal so thanks for the re-assurance people :D , it is trickier than than the other nissans ive had but it is a bigger engine and lots more torquey.

Sorry for dumb questions, im sure the clutch will bed in nicely and just a case of getting used to rest.

Also i bought four new bridgestone tyres for the lovely rays wheels, then drove home (50 miles) only to find one of the fronts was at 2psi and knackered by the time i got home :rant:

Im thinking either nissan fitted a faulty valve when fitting them, or maybe a crack in the rim ( havent had a chance to take wheel off n look)

Has anyone had these forged wheels crack?

Was kinda hoping its a valve or wheel crack issue, therefore not strictly preventable on my part as im hoping nissan will pay.

I take your point about the service level at nissan and hope they sort the stereo and tyre. It is possible however that they could say the tyre pressure is my responsibility and/or the tyre was punctured and therefore not their fault.

fingers crossed!

One more thing guys, please can u tell me if its possible to loose the old skool nokia 6210 phone kit charge dock from the centre arm rest

box and replace it with a modern mobile phone adapter?

I would suggest having a look at the system Nurrish sells on here, it will replace the Bose, give you a good sound setup with a gps and a few more options too. Lots of us have it fitted :thumbs:

and bluetooth for the phone I think

Cheers guys, system looks great, very neat factory look.

Im also quite tempted to fill empty sat-nav void with cool new gadget i have spotted, Check out the new navman

mio spirit v505. I think it has all the features of the other built in sat-navs but with mp3/mp4/ and freeview digital tv!

what do ya think?

Was kinda hoping its a valve or wheel crack issue, therefore not strictly preventable on my part as im hoping nissan will pay.

Should be pretty obvious once you get the wheel off. If no puncture, must have been the valve - would be difficult for them to contest. Faulty valve isn't your fault.

Welcome to the forum, and good luck getting the wrinkles ironed out. :thumbs:

Welcome

I'm a new owner too and found the clutch / gear change heavy also, you get used to it.

I removed my Bose within 2 days as I had experience with them before in a Mazda, same issues.

I also got a flat within a week, turned out to be a faulty valve core, hope yours is a simple fix too.