New member with reverse bleeper issue

Ian123

Hi

Got my 350Z a week or so ago, black roadster 2003 japanese imported around 2005.

Its great and fast but when I select reverse I have a warning bleeper which is annoying, sounds like it is coming from behind speedo. I had this in my FTO but it wasn't so annoying, I think Japanese people need to be reminded they are in reverse gear!

Does anyone know if this can be removed in any way?

Thanks to everyone, good forum.

Quite a few of us have posted about this in the past, but nobody has come up with a solution. It drives me nuts, and if anyone finds a way of disabling it, I want to know about it!

Oh, and :welcome:

Try....

wire_cutters.jpg

I would, if I could find out where it is and the wires leading to it!!!

Great feedback, I have had reversing sensors fitted but this sound is nothing to do with them. Problem is I now have two sets of bleeps going when I reverse and get near a wall. I had thought it would have been a simple issue to resolve but it doesn't seem to be the case.

Several of your comments say it is coming from behind dash and that is right, it sounds as though it is the same component that warns when you leave your light on and to me comes from behind the speedo.

Luckily I also had a rear camera fitted at the same time part of the Steelmate package which will display the distance in numbers on the screen in the car so I could disable the parking bleeper and avoid the cacophony!

Off to get the Nurrish satnav/screen fitted tomorrow (snow willing) so i can use the camera.

Hope it all works together.

Thanks everyone,

Will add pics shortly.

• 2 months later...
Great feedback, I have had reversing sensors fitted but this sound is nothing to do with them. Problem is I now have two sets of bleeps going when I reverse and get near a wall. I had thought it would have been a simple issue to resolve but it doesn't seem to be the case.

Several of your comments say it is coming from behind dash and that is right, it sounds as though it is the same component that warns when you leave your light on and to me comes from behind the speedo.

Luckily I also had a rear camera fitted at the same time part of the Steelmate package which will display the distance in numbers on the screen in the car so I could disable the parking bleeper and avoid the cacophony!

Off to get the Nurrish satnav/screen fitted tomorrow (snow willing) so i can use the camera.

Hope it all works together.

Thanks everyone,

Will add pics shortly.

Sorry to bump an old thread, Ian, but I was wondering if you ever managed to locate and disable the beeper?