Possible MR2 convert...advice needed, Pg3!

Hi guys, I joined on here a while back but haven't posted anything until now.

I'm currently a member of the MR2OC and have been an MR2 owner for around 5 years...I've had two in that time, but now I'm getting bored!!

I've posted on there saying I'm thinking of selling my MR2 and everyone is trying to persuade me to either drop a turbo lump in, or buy a turbo. :lol:

Personally, I think they're looking dated now...and the looks of the 350Z have captivated me since they were released! Plus for me, a V6 engine is a much preferable option to a 4-pot, turbo or not!!!

Here's a pic or two of my car if anyone's interested;

Belvoir_2.jpg

Belvoir_1.jpg

Waltham.jpg

I look forward to reading up on 350Zs more, and chatting with everyone whilst I make the decision to convert or not!! :blink:

Cheers, :thumbs:

Martin.

welcome mate iv always liked that mr2 and thats a nice example

no idea wot toyota were thinkin with the current model tho lol

as for the zed take a test drive and let the car make the decision for u..... i had just left the car park on my test drive when i decided the zed was for me

i came over from MR2ROC, great cars and nice step up. 350 is a great car, but i'm biased.

if you like the mr2 but want V6, speak to rogue, or (crap i can't remember the name , and its the preffered option) the other one.

the other one installed a toyota V6 into the back of my mates roadster, and its stonking marvellous. :teeth:

but getting a 350 is bloody excellent as well. :thumbs:

Hi and welcome,

I have an mr2 also. I made the same transition. I have had my 350 for since the summer and now completely prefer the zed - even though my mr2 is faster :). The zed handles better and is far more comfortable, a much nicer drivers car.

nice 2 by the the way ..

a pic of mine, which will be for sale next year ..

DSCF0835.jpg

i would post a pic of the zed but its in the body shop currently being painted :).

Cheers for the welcomes and compliments on the MR2!! Seems there are a few ex-MR2 owners on here!! :thumbs:

i came over from MR2ROC, great cars and nice step up. 350 is a great car, but i'm biased.

if you like the mr2 but want V6, speak to rogue, or (crap i can't remember the name , and its the preffered option) the other one.

the other one installed a toyota V6 into the back of my mates roadster, and its stonking marvellous. :teeth:

but getting a 350 is bloody excellent as well. :thumbs:

The other company is Woodsport...although I've heard some nightmare stories about them, Rogue always has better feedback! The V6 swap into a Mk2 is getting quite common, but they really don't seem to give much power & torque as you'd expect for a 3 litre...plus it'll still be an old MR2 on the outside! A V6 Roadster would be more appealing, but I don't like soft tops! :thumbdown:

Hi and welcome,

I have an mr2 also. I made the same transition. I have had my 350 for since the summer and now completely prefer the zed - even though my mr2 is faster :). The zed handles better and is far more comfortable, a much nicer drivers car.

nice 2 by the the way ..

Cheers mate, love your 2...always liked the white ones! :thumbs:

The guys on the MR2OC seem to say that the zed is less 'involved' and therefore less exciting...although the general advice over there tends to be to warn anyone away from a car that doesn't rattle you about like a 2 does, by dismissing it as 'boring'!! :lol:

thats it woodsport :doh: my mate has the first UK v6 roadster, and its a great car, although i think he's planning on now making it the first supercharged v6 roadster. On ROC back in the day woodsport got better reviews than Rogue. lol.

the roadster was definatly a great handling car and the ROC are getting more mr2OC converts who had realised how much better the chassis is on the roadster and how its a better driving car than the older mk2's

well coming from the Mk3 and going to the Zed, the zed is another step up again. although tis heavier it still gives great feedback and grips to the road like sh1t to a bears arse. extremely well balanced and when i took it on a recent airfield day found it an extremely good handling car, easy to catch and easy to control in slides. and the big improvement is the extra torque compared to the mr2 makes it so much more fun to drive.

but the only way for you to make you own mind up is go and drive one and get some passenger rides out as well.

did you used to be on MR2ROC?

Afraid not rich, got a couple of friends are on MR2OC, but i hail from pastures type-r related......... :thumbs:

is your mate on MR2ROC, just wondering if i know him?

Two friends who are regular posters........

friend with the V6 is WillsSayers and i have a friend with a rev.5 called ElfMan......??

heard of mr sayers, seen the pic on the forum with the glove :lol: didn't know he'd done it. been a long time since i posted. i'm friends with nigel aka loadsawine, but haven't seen him for ages.

i know most of the mods off their was meant to be seeing some of them this weekend but had to change plans.