*Ultra High performance rubber* New stock in!!!!!

GT4 Zed

I have used the contact for sometime now to source my Michelin pilot sport 2 (N rated tyres - designed specifically for fast for Porsches) at very very competitive prices and feel it is worth sharing the forum as there must be zedders like me who want the best rubber but the prices are too exhorbitant :scare: i have never had any issues with his service and the tyres have been impeccable both on road or track :thumbs: My last set of MPS 2 lasted 7 months including x2 trips to the Nurburgring + over 60 laps with no drama :D

The rubbers are mainly from demonstators, well oiled porche customers who are made to replace 4 tyres each time one has a none repairable puncture or from other Porsche and have seen very little use. thread depth is typically 6-7+ mm (Note: new tyres are 7-8mm depending on manufacturer or tyre type) and the tyres have no excessive wear or defects and are matched closely for each axle :thumbs:

My contact in Porsche usually has the following ultra high performance rubber(PSP2 [N-rated], Continental eg CSC 3, Bridgestone Potenza eg 050A, s-03 pole position etc)

Husky just got some almost new ex demo Brigestones RE050A (M3 spec) (2 x 235/R19 and 2 x 275/R19) with 7mm thread all round for £350 ;) and i showed him my monster MPS 2 N1 295/30/R19 rears waiting to go on my zed tomoro also with 7mm thread and picked up for under £300) :scare:

PM with your requests or queries and you would have the availability and prices for your specified rubber within 24hrs :thumbs:

Orders can be taken in the future if secured with a non-refundable deposit of £25.

Typically once paypal payment is confirmed the tyres will be dispatched and should be with you within 3-5 working days

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To address some of the questions raised on the numerous pm's i hope this provides more answers to any interested parties :thumbs: .

Depending on if it Michelins PS2 N1 or bridgestone re050A or continentals contisport ranging 225-305/30-40/R18-19 you are looking at 250-450 for a set of 4 delivered. :thumbs: (it is possible to do some Goodyears F1 eagle asymetics too. All other tyres will be by special requests but limited.

Payment by paypal (as personal payment) once you are happy with the choices and price.

Due to availability and in a bid to match all the sets perfectly we may have to provide a slightly different profile to your specification if it is a better match than your specified choice but off course we will retain the same width/diameters :thumbs: You will be notified before shipping.

For example 245/35/19 fronts will be a better visual profile match with 275/30/19 rears than with than 275/35/19. This is because the profile is only a percentage of the tyre with ;)

See links for a visual comparison and calculations and anything you need to know about tyres and wheels:

http://www.kouki.co.uk/utilities/visual ... calculator

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tire_code# ... tire_codes

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/tirecalc.php

If unsure please feel free to ask and i will guide you to the best choice/combination.

Cheers

Bennett

Are the N1 rated tyres the best for the Z though? Just because they are designed for a 'fast' Porsche doesnt mean that they are the best type.Also the N1 tyre definitly has different sidewall design which makes them sit differently, i have seen this first hand on Mercedes. The MO Conti Sport Contact tyre designed for Mercedes is a completely different shape and 'looks' a hell of a lot different in width than the equivalent N1 tyre

However no arguing that Pilot Sport2's are fantastic tyres....

Also worth noting that the MO Conti Sport Contact 2 (which should be discontinued now iirc) has had quite bad problems with inner sidewall splitting/perishing to the point where cords are exposed. I cant comment whether this was the same accross the sport contact options

Il definitly be speaking to you about my replacement tyres though Bennett as the prices seem very good :thumbs:

.....................Are the N1 rated tyres the best for the Z though? Just because they are designed for a 'fast' Porsche doesnt mean that they are the best type.Also the N1 tyre definitly has different sidewall design which makes them sit differently.................................However no arguing that Pilot Sport2's are fantastic tyres.........................

Dan, your concerns are genuine ;) However i have used both the normal PS2 and the N rated ones on track and on normal fast motoway/A&B roads wet or dry and though they are both the N rubber just grips forever and even when it lets go it so progressive and predictable and finally it feels quite IMO :thumbs:

However, my zed is no way standard in terms of braking ability and suspension so i may be biased :lol: feel free to go for other "standard" high performance tyres like the re050A or the contisport 2-3 which are available. i know what i would go for at this prices :yahoo:

come just right for me as i was having a new pair of falken452's on the rears at the weekend! should i have any reason for concern running falken's on the front then either MS2's or bridgestones on the rear depending what i get i see you run different tire ersen front and rears and trouble? :thumbs:

come just right for me as i was having a new pair of falken452's on the rears at the weekend! should i have any reason for concern running falken's on the front then either MS2's or bridgestones on the rear depending what i get i see you run different tire ersen front and rears and trouble? :thumbs:

James: At those prices go for the Michelins all round and keep the falkens as spares, or sell ;)

Whilst I have found the Falkens are great in the wet their side walls are really too soft in the dry when you want to 'play', such that they more suddenly let go rather than being as progressive as the RE50's and Michelins - and wear more quickly. I know Mike (xstrict9) preferred the RE50's over the Falkens (which he realy dislikes), but from the informed opinion on here I would go for the Michelins and at £300 or so for a set - bargain :thumbs:

thought the michelins were more a set? hopefully im wrong mind, just waiting on bennet to pm me back as gettin in need, have you tried most of the tires on offer colin? and would you reccomend the MS2 over all others? :thumbs:

I might have misread Bennetts comparison with the full set Husky had bought but even so a pair of nearly new MS2 rears at £300 is a great price.

The 370's at Silverstone were using Michelins and I was hugely impressed by the grip levels and feel. But I have not tried them personally on a 350, but having followed tyre threads on here over the years I have to say that those with experience I respect have never had a bad word about the Michelins - apart from the price. Even that's sorted now :lol:

sounds good to me :thumbs:

would it unbalance the car then if you had different tyres front and rears?or without pushing the car hard on track would you probally not feel any difference

GT4 Zed is well placed to answer that - you hear of some who find no issues with the handling etc and others who get the TCS kicking in which has always puzzled me as I thought it only picked up rear wheel slip. Personally, given the differing ways tyres are made - as GT4 Zed has said, I would never mix tyres for road use although there were known advantages of doing that in various forms of motor sport. Takes me back to autotest days when 'mud and plug' tyres would be used on the front wheels on Minis but for the rears it was a case of using anything near bald :lol:

Just a word of warning guys, alot of places wont fit 2nd hand tyres due to warrenty and liabilities etc

cheers, will phone ahead :)

me and nurrish know places that'll do it mate :)

aww brilliant :thumbs: someone recommended a place just off the A45 cant remember the name, close to B'ham but i have no idea.

Just a word of warning guys, alot of places wont fit 2nd hand tyres due to warrenty and liabilities etc

aww brilliant :thumbs: someone recommended a place just off the A45 cant remember the name, close to B'ham but i have no idea.

Shirley, you know where that is :lol::lol:

(I think someone might need to explain that to the non-locals)

:band: bu dum chsh

:lol:

Oh deary me :blush: