Considering selling zed. Update - bought a shed.

marzman

Hey all...

Im not sure why im posting this, but im seriously considering selling my zed.

I've had it for just over 2 years now, and still love it to bits. I love driving it every day.

However, the main reason i want to get rid is - its not a manual :shrug: Now before anyone reading this starts bad mouthing the auto's... dont! The tiptronic zed is a fantastic car on the road, its all you could ever need - but im starting to get into track days, and an auto zed just wont cut it.

I was on a sprint day last week, and i couldnt put down the times of other, in my opinion lesser cars (celica gt4's, clio 172's). This was also in part due to the fact my rear tyres are close to the limit and it was raining, but it just didnt feel right. ...and then i went in my bosses Spec C Impreza, which is just ridiculously fast. 4WD is the future!! :blush:

That said... drifiting's my sport, and again i need a manual for that. I've sold my RX7 now, and i cant drift my auto zed with any real skill other than booting the power.

Sooo... i've thought about getting a manual zed - but that would only be good for track days - you need a beater car for drifting! So i think i've made my decision... dont laugh too hard, but i think im gonna go back to an e36 coupe... either a 325 or a 328. :scare:

They're dirt cheap, they drift really well, and they're not slow.

Its not like i need the money either, but downgrading like this will save me about £300 a month...!! Petrol and insurance will only save about £50, but im currently paying £250 a month for my loan for the zed. Selling up will mean i can pay off my credit card, and start saving towards a deposit for a house.

I'll probably wait till after christmas to sell now... i'll get a propper P3 service on it, as i dont have any receipts for the oil changes or other work i've done as my mate does it.

So this is a tough choice... i dont need to sell, im not after an upgrade, i dont need the money... but i think i've reached the point where i'd rather have £300 in my pocket every month rather than my zed. What do you think?

And i think getting the bmw will satisfy my car urges as i'll be using it for drifting probably every other weekend (Oulton have drift days every 3 weeks, and there are other local events too).

Sorry for the long post, but i needed to get it off my chest, and the missus doesnt understand!! :lol:

I'll be staying on the forum though obviously... i'll just be zedless.

i've reached the point where i'd rather have £300 in my pocket every month rather than my zed. What do you think?

This is the most important thing. Once you start to look at costs of a car negatively, its time to get rid. No shame in that :)

Cheers sarnie. Thats made me feel a bit better reading that, like its the right thing to do. :thumbs:

i've reached the point where i'd rather have £300 in my pocket every month rather than my zed. What do you think?

This is the most important thing. Once you start to look at costs of a car negatively, its time to get rid. No shame in that :)

+1

Chris wow surprised me there with this thread?

I agree with you mate for me the cost of owning it just got too much plus its not practical for me anymore .

The other thing if your going to sell do it quickly or you will agonise over it like I did and that just makes you unhappy?

But hope you can get a manual Zed and your still going to stick around the forum - blimey at this rate we may need a special section for zedless club members :bangin:

Dude

I think your an asset to the club and we seem to share similar interests... cars and fighting :boxing::lol:

Honestly.... I reckon any mans main priority should be a house.... I had to have a few poor cars when I started on the property ladder, I was single and it was a struggle at first but its the best thing you can do to secure a good future...

Whatever happens good luck for the future buddy.... :thumbs:

A few of us in the same boat here - but we have to be practical and the Zed is a large drain on funds for one reason or another - at least you can say you've owned one and can go back in a few years and get another - just make sure you support this site in the meantime. :thumbs:

not you aswell !!!! :scare:

there will be more ex-zed owners than those with zeds before long!

sounds like you're already decided to me, but it is very hard having seen 2 go within 3/4 months. i blame this forum though that makes it even harder to sell :lol:

it's not as bad doing it than it is making the decision in the first place though

Spent all week online looking at what car i could replace mine with... my only criteria are:

It has to be under £4k

It has to be fast

it cant be a small car, or french.

I was going to get a car for drifting, but i think i'll keep that separate - so i just need a daily driver.

I've narrowed it down to either an R33 Skyline (which im sure will be a shed for £4k... opinions?) or an MG ZR 160, which are < £3k and are 7.4 0-60, or a 2.8 Bora.

Other than that, im struggling to reach civic type-r's, old shape TT's,

Spent all week online looking at what car i could replace mine with... my only criteria are:

It has to be under £4k

It has to be fast

it cant be a small car, or french.

I was going to get a car for drifting, but i think i'll keep that separate - so i just need a daily driver.

I've narrowed it down to either an R33 Skyline (which im sure will be a shed for £4k... opinions?) or an MG ZR 160, which are < £3k and are 7.4 0-60, or a 2.8 Bora.

Other than that, im struggling to reach civic type-r's, old shape TT's,

I think you original ideas were good.

200sx? Don't know if they're a bit old now though and could be expensive if it goes wrong

They're the drifter's no.1 car of choice now Stan, and its hard to find one that hasnt been either seriously abused, or is affordable!

The Bora looks a boring but been a VW shouldn't have any probs, R33 should keep the fun going :thumbs:

Yeh but i'll be getting a black one, lowering it, blacking out the windows, and making it mean... :lol: 2.8 litre gangsta saloon. :D

MR2... never even considered them before... not my cup of tea tbh.

Instead of a mg zr which are pretty rubbish you are better with a 172/182 or a 106. I know you said it cant be small but the mg is small :p. French cars arent that bad remember the z's engine is French :lol:.

Im sure you could get a nice s13 for under 4k? Maybe check driftworks or sxoc. I think a e36 328 or a 745i would be nice. You can get 2.8 z3 for a little over 4.