Husky. Good at LED's, Cr*p at plenums

Husky

oh just shoot me now for posting such a mundane and boring topic :bangin:

i just installed a plenum spacer. finish up and then switch car on, car goes :wacko::stretcher::wacko: engine warning light and both TC lights on. oh and like a little rollercoaster on idle.

christmas-lights-1.jpg

so me swtiches off, disconnect battery, wait, reconnect.

no use. :doh:

fail2.jpg

so i do yonder ECU reset procedure, fair enough my xmas tree display of lights has gone but i am still on the lumpy idle rollercoaster

roller-coaster-groping.jpg

what to do!!? :cry:

hope the pictures helped explain ;)

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

and great minds are kinda correct ;)

so one of the plenum bolts although torques correctly (i believe) isnt all the way in, after previous bolt sheering joy im paranoid about tightening it more :cry:

oh and i may be sure theres another bloody leek but untill i sort this one :rolleyes: LIKE A SIEVE !!! grrrr :rant:

electrical A-

mechanical F (see me after class)

That is unless you have a grip like a gorrilla!!!! :lol:

*whistles* :innocent:

thats why im using a torque wrench :lol:

ok so i sorted it kind of. so one of the bolts i dont know for sure and dont want to test it, but i think it was a tad too long :shrug: so i swapped it out for a slightly shorter one. that seems fine now (was on the top 6) BUT i can hear a his from the side now :dry: im going to take more off and investigate. :doh: oh but the idels got better, and am i imagining it or does the induction sound louder and better now?

:teeth: <-- uber grin

I wouldn't drive it like that for any length of distance either until fixed, as you've got a leak post-MAF which is very bad for the engine. Good luck with it though, nothing more satisfying than fixing something yourself.

yeah its not going anywhere, and neither am i for that matter untill the hiss is gone, ass you say it isnt good. se i know the theory but i just havent ever physicaly done it before and hit the common problems, ah well you live you learn :shrug:

ok so ive gone round with my ear right next to it, i think i know the general location, tried prodding around listening for a tone change but no joy, looks like its all going to have to come off again and be redone :cry: its got cold to :dry::cold:

couldnt find the leak because its a crack in the top of the plenum

*clears throat*

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHh :rant::rant::rant::angry::angry::rant::angry::angry::bang::bang::bang::bang:

so theres a post in the wanted section now for a plenum

Oh No. Sorry mate. Only £100 though. Pick up a nice polished one.

right im starting with who evers nearest and in possible pick up range, then working from there :dummy:

Rotten luck mate :scare: that will dent our plans for tomoro. just about to drive from plymouth up to worcester now so would be arriving late to come round and see if i could work something out :thumbs: i will swing by yours tomoro anyway and if there is anyone enroute who has a plenum just give me a shout and will pick it up for you :thumbs:

PS will be on my mobile in 30mins

right im starting with who evers nearest and in possible pick up range, then working from there :dummy:

Rotten luck mate :scare: that will dent our plans for tomoro. just about to drive from plymouth up to worcester now so would be arriving late to come round and see if i could work something out :thumbs: i will swing by yours tomoro anyway and if there is anyone enroute who has a plenum just give me a shout and will pick it up for you :thumbs:

PS will be on my mobile in 30mins

cheers mate, well see what comes up :shrug:

ok just seen what you've done from the other thread.

sorry to hear that mate.

how the hell does one crack these. :shrug:

At a guess i'd say he overtightened the bolts ;)

using torque wrench set to correct torque so cant have been :shrug: it got stiff but didnt click, i decided to trust the torque setting. maybe im just @*!#.