Wheels IN a Zed?

Ekona

I couldn't even get my 19's in and that was without tyres. Admittedly they were in the boxes :blush: and had to travel 2 at a time on the passenger side. Got my Rays delivered back to me by the tyre fitters :thumbs:

hah i got my 4 19's in there in boxes. but tbh it was far from safe and not an enjoable 2 hour journey :thumbdown: next time, delivery or van.

Just a thought (and I'll have a play later), but I reckon if I take the spare out of the roadster's boot and all the extra crap that's in there then I can possibly fit one wheel down there and then pop another behind the pax seat... It's going to be tight in the boot, but the wheel won't have to sit flat in there so that's in my favour at least.

you don't have to contend with the rear strut brace in a roadster do you?

if so you might get 1 tyre in the boot. and if you only need to carry 1 more, i'd ride it on the seat, they are so wide, i don't think it will fit behind the chair even if its pulled right forward. and if it is it will be in the way of your gear changing.

Strut brace is still there, it just forms part of the firewall between roof mechanism and boot. I've had a wheel behind the seat before and it was fine, had loads of room to pull the seat back to hold it in place.

Didn't get a chance to try my amazing disappearing-wheel-in-boot trick tonight as it got dark too quickly, but it can go on my to-do list. :D

how far do they have to go? why not use your pickup? or are you on to somewhere else with the missus afterwards?

Bedford trackday ;) Got a couple of PS2s that need finishing off so am going to take them with me and swap over to my decent pair afterwards. I'd rather pop them in Bean's Zed if I can, but if not then they can travel with me.

I'm just trying to be awkward as usual ;)