Wheels IN a Zed?

Ekona

Heh, never even thought of that! :lol: Cheers anyway mate, but I wouldn't put you out that much since I know they'll both go in mine in the front, just would rather put them elsewhere if poss. I have a feeling we'll all be coming different ways looking at where we all live...

Yea, so... some of us with wider wheels are pretty much screwed if we get a puncture cuz we cant even get the wheel home :x

What you putting on the car to get it home?

Lightbulb pinged on yet?

Plenty of room with the spare wheel out!

Right folks, the experiment is over and the results are in!

First off, a rear Ray with a 245/45 tyre on really won't fit into a roadster boot:

zedwheel1.jpg

However, if you remove the space saver then there's loads of room!

zedwheel2.jpg

That done, I moved onto trying to get one into the front as well. It's a smaller space than I remembered, however...

zedwheel3.jpg

zedwheel4.jpg

Ta daa! The wheel is wedged between seat and rear bin, and there's no way in hell that it's going to move during normal road driving (I wouldn't take my chances on a fast country road drive without strapping it in properly though, but for a boring schlep up to Bedford it'll be fine). So there you go: It's very possible to get two rear wheels + tyres into a roadster, you just need to be creative. :D