Throttle Body Spacer

rtbiscuit

You're the engineer with a teaching degree....figure it out!

Very helpful comment. :thumbs:

Well Adam@Z1 sells them so it might be worth asking him.

Aye, but Adams has a real purpose - unlike most of the others out there ;)

http://z1auto.com/prodmore.asp?model=35 ... rodid=2413

Hope he doesnt mind me nabbing the piccy

aam20vac.jpg

The AAM Spec. Throttle Body Spacer is a great addition to any upgraded 350Z or G35. Each AAM Spec. Throttle Body Spacer comes pre-tapped with three vacuum ports. This saves both time and money when running vacuum lines (no need to tap the factory intake plenum with this spacer). Because you have more vacuum ports available you can run components seperately (ie. map sensor, boost gauge, fuel pressure regulator, boost controller, etc.) which improves both their performance and reliability. This will fit any VQ35DE engine (350Z, G35, Maxima, Altima).

good eye :)

a throttle body spacer is king in the land of the useless mods, unless its akin to the one we offer

• 2 months later...

just thought i'd ressurect an old thread,

i'm due to fit this soon once i get my new plenum; do all at the same time etc.

what i need to know is the bolt dimensions of the current 4 bolts used to hold the throttle body onto the plenum. i need to find 4 new ones that are about an inch longer to allow for the spacer.

or if someone can supply me with some would be even better :teeth:

what i need to know is the bolt dimensions of the current 4 bolts used to hold the throttle body onto the plenum. i need to find 4 new ones that are about an inch longer to allow for the spacer.

Did you find out about these bolts?

Did you find out about these bolts?

yes and i ordered some

M5 x 80mm

• 1 month later...

Just been reading through this as I had been looking at the AAM one on Z1 and was thinking of investing.

After reading this I am getting that the general overall feeling was that these were useless, unless you got the AAM one that Adam had.

I know a couple of you guys have since bought and ran these, Mark, Biscuit, any further thoughts?

I guess if they do save on petrol then they are worth the investment?

Been reading about performance throttle bodies on the uank sites, like the helix one and the 350evo one, are these any better for power\torq gains?

Just been reading through this as I had been looking at the AAM one on Z1 and was thinking of investing.

After reading this I am getting that the general overall feeling was that these were useless, unless you got the AAM one that Adam had.

I know a couple of you guys have since bought and ran these, Mark, Biscuit, any further thoughts?

Been reading about performance throttle bodies on the uank sites, like the helix one and the 350evo one, are these any better for power\torq gains?

i don't know is the easiest answer as i haven't fitted it yet, mine will go on with the carbon plenum when it arrives. and any changes can't be pinpointed as it will be mapped at the same time, so you wouldn't know whats doing it?

the reason the z1 auto one is good is because you can run guages from them thats why they have the valves off the top.

the one i have is rifled inside, and for £20 worst case senario is all its done is add to the red engine bling i already have.

Cheers mate

Well I might invest in the AAM one from Adam then, I did email him about it the other day. If anything it gives much better fuel consumption, so you will make your money back after 2 tanks maybe ;)

Gauges hmmm, I have been looking for an excuse to get a carbon pillar cluster, what sort of gauges could you run from the throttle body? (sorry not that technically minded as most fo you)

New carbon throttle sounds nice, looking forward to seeing that, you think it will give gains? I ahve been deliberating over the Kinetix V5 plenum, or a motordyne plenum spacer, seems to be a split opinion on these like most parts.

i don't know is the easiest answer as i haven't fitted it yet, mine will go on with the carbon plenum when it arrives. and any changes can't be pinpointed as it will be mapped at the same time, so you wouldn't know whats doing it?

the reason the z1 auto one is good is because you can run guages from them thats why they have the valves off the top.

the one i have is rifled inside, and for £20 worst case senario is all its done is add to the red engine bling i already have.

carbon plenum should give back similar gains as the plenum spacer, only advantage is the carbon will keep the air temps down.

as for running guages from the throttle spacer. i'm not 100% sure which ones, ian and fiddy would have a good idea.

my guess is that being the only thing to measure there would be air pressure, vacuum pressure and possibly air temperature,

Don't bother with the Kinetix, get the motordyne or splash out on a Cosworth B)

Gauges you could run from the TB spacer are nothing worthwhile IMO. The most important gauges you can add will be oil tempurature & AFR IMO (Assumming that you are staying N/A). The ports on the TB spacer will let you run things like a boost gauge, map sensors, FPR etc.

I honestly can't see the TB spacer effecting your fuel consumption at all & definatley not enough to be noticeable :)

TB spacer will not do anything to your car at all and is pointless unless you're going FI and need the vacuum tap points. All that crap about venturi air flow is great in principle and on large air intake (think much bigger than a car!) but on the Zed it will do two halves of naff all. It's the same principle as those useless electric supercharger/vortex generator things you see on eBay all the time, and they're no good either. Don't waste your money.

Just to point out though that Adam hasn't claimed you'll get more power/MPG out of his so I'm not knocking him or his product at all, just in case this scans wrong! :surrender:

cheers biscuit

hey Dan, no points taken, you didnt come across as bashing, Adam already stated earlier in the thread that the spacer did nothing, but that the ones he sells have valves for gauges.

I am staying N\A for the time being, but I have been looking at the old 2006 GT-S and thinking that it is a shame that just the one was built ;)

TB spacer will not do anything to your car at all and is pointless unless you're going FI and need the vacuum tap points. All that crap about venturi air flow is great in principle and on large air intake (think much bigger than a car!) but on the Zed it will do two halves of naff all. It's the same principle as those useless electric supercharger/vortex generator things you see on eBay all the time, and they're no good either. Don't waste your money.

Just to point out though that Adam hasn't claimed you'll get more power/MPG out of his so I'm not knocking him or his product at all, just in case this scans wrong! :surrender:

I agree with this statement. I have one.....but i needed them for vacuum points...no point if your staying n/a