My wife bought a cushion

martinmac

To those guys that are married this will be all to familiar but let it serve as a warning to those are still single. :surrender:

The warning signs are as the thread title. Your wife buys a cushion. If you get the chance at this stage say you hate it. Its worth a try but is unlikely to work. On returning home the cushion is placed on the bed. Your wife then stands back and frowns.

You are now doomed. Being a male we have a limited range of colours none of which are the names of flowers or plants. Women not only have a vast range of colours but also associated shades.

Anyway, the cushion doesnt match something. Next its off to the shops for a new throw to match the cushion. Note, for some reason this cannot be done at the same time as buying the cushion. :wacko:

You are now really in trouble and a fake injury may be needed. The cushion and the throw look great but..... they dont match the curtains :bangin:

Another separate shopping trip is now required to buy the new curtains :shrug:

A week later the cushions are on the new throws ( note this is plural because more bloody cushion were sneaked in with the masses of shopping on many trips). :doh: The new lights have been put up in all rooms. ( the old ones didnt show the new features off). The lights also show off the new bloody paint in the rooms. I am sick and tired of bloody DIY.

I am also skint. :headhurt:

Just off to look at carpets now. :byebye:

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I feel your pain Martin, before my Mrs moved in, my batchelor pad rocked......they say a picture is worth a thousand words.....

Photo-0084.jpg

IMAGE_004.jpg

There are now cushions everywhere.....and curtain tie backs.....I think I need to shorten her chain :blush::lol:

I am just picking a bathroom suite now :blackeye::thumbdown: My mrs walked in the tile shop straight up to some very cool looking granite tiles and said those ones please! I was chuffed because it only took like 3 minutes to decide :thumbs:

Then came time to pay and the sales guy laughed and said with a smurk on his face 'Sir your mrs has very good taste as these are the most expensive tiles we sell'. Do women go on the laptop and pick the most expensive stuff or do they just know? It's like a 6th sense? My mrs can also do this with bags and shoes!

Martin

I think your misses and my misses are colluding - I've just been through a very similar cushion etec etc process and then she has the nerve to say we can't afford to change cars :dry:

Our women clearly have the wrong priorities :lol:

MWahahahaha,

me = single on purpoe :p

my opinion is pretty well explained, as always with me, using a speech from steve

;)

Love that scene, mate! :clap:

Mart, you do realise that if Liz had a cushion forum there'd be loads of threads about your Zed obsession and loads of these smilies... :bang::headhurt::surrender:

I think they get taken to one side at school and have extra lessons in how to spend their husbands/partners money :lol::lol:

:thumbdown: Some of us work for a living mate - and keep our finances separate! :)

I know, sorry, no offence meant :blush: I was more speaking from personal experience!

I think they get taken to one side at school and have extra lessons in how to spend their husbands/partners money :lol::lol:

:thumbdown: Some of us work for a living mate - and keep our finances separate! :)

I know, sorry, no offence meant :blush: I was more speaking from personal experience!

:lol: Who do you think keeps buying your stuff ? :thumbs: