Got one

confuzed

It feels like ages since I posted my introduction. I've been looking for a suitable Zed since, though I've also been moving in with my g/f and helping her get her new car (Pug 206 GTi 180, picked it up today). We got her pug from near Guildford so I took advantage and went to look at a loverly black 05 plate Zed at Shepperton Nissan today. This was also my first chance to actually drive one!

You won't be surprised to hear that I fell in love while driving the car. Nic also took the car for a drive and gave it the thumbs up (apparently still not as good as her new Pug though, of course!).

The deal has been done, the deposit is paid, and I'm collecting it on Saturday! Needless to say, I'm a bit happy ;)

I'll get some photos up some time after I've collected it, but here's a photo from the dealer's website:

lc05xfu_i01.jpg

Thanks for all the messages!

CaptainSensible - Black & Black, definitely the best combo! Funnily enough the Pug we picked up yesterday is also black & black!

No bronzee, no confusion! What a pleasure to drive, the car really does sell itself hey!

Yes Nixy, definitely roll on Saturday, I can't wait! At least I get a nice long drive home from Shepperton to Devon to become acquainted with her! :drive1

They certainly made me work for the deal, but eventually we agreed on £15,100 with the warranty, tax, a full tank of petrol, and they're going to refurb the alloys. To be honest the wheels were pretty tidy with some minor scuffs on a couple, but they volunteered the refurb before I'd even mentioned it, so I was hardly going to refuse! Overall the car is really tidy. There was one slight scratch, and some finger-rubbing behind the door handles, but pretty minor and I think a good polish will reduce these even further. The interior is spotless, like new.

If you can't already tell, it was very much love at first sight :blush:

Well I just phoned to confirm the time I'll be up on Saturday to collect my Zed and they told me that they've done the service. While doing so they reckoned the tyres were getting lowish so they slapped on some brand new rubber! Bit of an unexpected bonus!! :teeth:

BTW What car you switching from??

A 2002 Toyota Celica T-Sport. Hasn't got the guts of the zed, but its a great fun car. Zips through corners nicely, and the dual-personality of the variable lift feature of the engine always puts a grin on your face.

What are you swapping from?

Thats a strange co-incidence i have just placed a deposit on a silver 56 plate gt, for which they are taking in part exchange my pug gti 180 in black!

Can't pick mine up for about 2 weeks though, it's going to drive me nuts, lets us know how you get on with yours!

Joe.