Wish us luck!!!Off to Ikea

stanski

While some of you are having an ACE time down souf we are braving a trip to Ikea looking for nursery stuff.... Oh and the sproggs are off school so that will be nice for us eh :scare::surrender:

Any suggestions on how to cope ?

Hard booze?

12bore shotgun

Wear pink dress and aunt sally type makeup(me that is)

Dont wash or put any deodorant on?

Borrow an even louder more annoying kid for the day to keep everyone else away?

:blink:

Tbh Stan me n the missus looked at nursery stuff from ikea and it wasn't to our taste.

Mamas n papas have got a big sale on this weekend, we are getting the push chair tomorrow . Babies r us also have some nice nursery gear.

:dummy:

Thanks mate yes the stuff in Mammas and Pappas is very nice of course the one we want is stupid money so we are looking at options maybe get bits from one and some other stuff from the other? Let's see anyway....

I know Viks but it's a necessary evil :surrender:

Tbh Stan me n the missus looked at nursery stuff from ikea and it wasn't to our taste.

Mamas n papas have got a big sale on this weekend, we are getting the push chair tomorrow . Babies r us also have some nice nursery gear.

:dummy:

Ahhhhhhhh bless

Aren't the kids always off on a saturday stan? :lol:

Actually I like looking around Ikea but NEVER on a saturday - they open until about 10 on an evening and its really quiet then. The worse thing when its busy is the feeling of being herded around a track like sheep! Although its really great to drive 40 miles to spend a fiver on cheap kitchen stuff! :lol:

Next Sunday would be good for Leeds Stan. ;)

I have just got back from Homebase. We are buying new lights..... To replace the ones she chose last leave. :surrender:

Never miss a trick eh Mart :lol:

back home but have to get supplies from costco :surrender:

Btw if anyone ventures to the evil Ikea empire make sure you get plenty of pencils but more importantly buy some sweet oat cakes called Havreflarn. Very very moorish almost like scottish oak cakes(not quite as good) but addictive just the same. :snack:

What topped the trip off was that the wardrobe didnt fit in the car along with a passenger so i had to stay at ikea for 45mins while stan took it home and came b

back to pick me up!! :headhurt:

When i had a mx-5 i always managed to grt everything in after trips to ikea and the garden centre and i thought it would be easier with a bigger car! :dry:

What topped the trip off was that the wardrobe didnt fit in the car along with a passenger so i had to stay at ikea for 45mins while stan took it home and came b

back to pick me up!! :headhurt:

When i had a mx-5 i always managed to grt everything in after trips to ikea and the garden centre and i thought it would be easier with a bigger car! :dry:

wardrobe did fit in the gv all 3 boxes of it just i would have had to sit in the back which Lucy was concerned from a safety perspective :)

Oh well off to Leeds tomorrow fir the rest.... Will go in the van :blush:

If you haven't already......have a look on kiddicare.com for baby stuff.

Good prices and you don't have to worry about other people's rugrats getting under your feet.

Good "hunting" in Leeds :wave:

Thanks mate yes we have looked everywhere. Decided to get some adult furniture instead if nursery which makes longer term sense really for us. Just need a cot which john lewis have a nice one so will get that. Ikea have a suitable wardrobe and dresser that fits the bill for us, their nursery stuff as Tarmac has pointed out leaves a lit to be desired :shrug:

Think i have pulled something today lifting heavy boxes so who knows how i will be tomorrow in leeds fortunately its just a chest of drawers tomorrow :surrender:

Ahhh the joys of flatpack furniture.

I remember assembling the cotbed in the hallway coz there was more space. Took me over an hour.

Only to find the assembled cot wouldn't fit through the bedroom door :doh:

Took it apart and started again IN THE BEDROOM :lol::lol:

I'm not the best with DIY. Worst was I was helping a friend to dress and hang a door.

We chisseled and fitted the hinges, then spent ages chisseling out the space to fit the mortice lock.

Went to hang the door.

We'd only gone and put the lock on the same side as the bleedin hinges :surrender::lol::lol::lol:

Stan, you do know Ikea has a website???????????????????????????/

They might have a website but believe it or not if you want home delivery you still have to go to the store , put all the crap you want on a trolley, pay for it, then wheel it to the home delivery desk, wait 20mins, pay £30 and then job done !!!

I couldn't believe it, I bought a few large bits for the house the other week and had to do this, pain in the butt

:surrender:

Stan, you do know Ikea has a website???????????????????????????/

They might have a website but believe it or not if you want home delivery you still have to go to the store , put all the crap you want on a trolley, pay for it, then wheel it to the home delivery desk, wait 20mins, pay £30 and then job done !!!

I couldn't believe it, I bought a few large bits for the house the other week and had to do this, pain in the butt

:surrender:

I know they are muppets at Ikea nothing is particularly easy :surrender:

Andy come and talk to your Uncle Stan door hanging is my speciality ;)

I dont mind flat pack as a rule i just hate the oversized boxes everything comes in. I dont think they ever give the instructions to a normal bod to test for them. There is an assumption that everyone on the planet has engineering knowledge i generally look at the schematics and try to suss it out myself as any written instructions normally confuse me ..... think this is an Airfix overhang from when i was 7 :blink:

btw its lashing it down this morning with hail ... think will have to swim to Leeds this morning :boat: