DIAL and INTERIOR lights COLOUR change PICS

Husky

yeah mine either but if you really dont like the big screen double din isnt for you as thyre designed to have big screens !

but im sure man with a soldering iron and nerves of steel can find somthing !

:lol: :lol: i may have to give up and settle for a screen tbh, its just then id have 2 screens right next to each other. might look a bit much :blush:

cheers

i wonder if this would look ok?

http://www.incarexpress.co.uk/view_prod ... VHP3100DVD

has a screen but isnt all screen..

that's pretty slick i like the buttons but its gotta large screen

what other screen do you have that would make it look 'too much'?tomtom?

a nurrish made sat nav that fills the entire cubby space with no buttons :)

if only i could find a replacement stereo that doesnt look like a bag of cheap c** that is changable colour without a huge screen. i do like that one though, would have to see it up close though

• 1 month later...

Just read through this and the thred you were writting during changing all the LEDs. I got tired just reading it, never mind actually carrying out all the soldering!

Good job though - I've always thought the orange looked dated.

Two questions:

Did you ever sort out the wing mirror switch light?

Have you posted the guide anywhere?

And one other thought I've wanted to do on the last few cars I've had, but never got round to it - a friend of mine has a Jag which has lights in the bottom of the doors so when you open them you can see where/what you're goin to be standing on.

Always thought that was a really classy touch. Not sure how applicable it would be to any other car - cutting holes in your doors then sealing them...

I can see the dial LEDs going on my ever expanding list of jobs to get done now. Sometimes I wish I didn't come on this site! :lol:

Just read through this and the thred you were writting during changing all the LEDs. I got tired just reading it, never mind actually carrying out all the soldering!

Good job though - I've always thought the orange looked dated.

Two questions:

Did you ever sort out the wing mirror switch light?

Have you posted the guide anywhere?

And one other thought I've wanted to do on the last few cars I've had, but never got round to it - a friend of mine has a Jag which has lights in the bottom of the doors so when you open them you can see where/what you're goin to be standing on.

Always thought that was a really classy touch. Not sure how applicable it would be to any other car - cutting holes in your doors then sealing them...

I can see the dial LEDs going on my ever expanding list of jobs to get done now. Sometimes I wish I didn't come on this site! :lol:

cheers :)

no i never sorted the wing mirror switch light, but its a very quick job. maybe next time that panels off ill sort it :) it would be a 5mm white led used for it, measure the voltage supplying that old bulb, pick the right resistor, soldery soldery, bobs your tranny auntie :)

in all honsety i didnt finish the guide, the main reason being there was no-one really pushing for it and its such a ball ache, i wrote some bits that could be relevant to other projects though. if someone is quite serious about doing it i'll finish writing it up and post for everyones benefit. this is something ive decided has to many legal problems and production difficulties to sell for people. I'll happily put kits together though :)

puddle lights: it would be very easy to put lights somewhere down there. i have a few plans still to put in but they are all based on my dome light as that is the bit that switches them. mine currently is out of action so untill its sorted its a no go. Its on my list for the summer though, dont worry :)

• 4 months later...
How long does this take, how easy is it to do and what kind of cost are talking about? I likes it alot!

It does take a fair amount of time, some decent soldering ability, cost about 150 in components, possibility if you screw it up to cost lots for new dials etc. I do love it though. :)

How long does this take, how easy is it to do and what kind of cost are talking about? I likes it alot!

It does take a fair amount of time, some decent soldering ability, cost about 150 in components, possibility if you screw it up to cost lots for new dials etc. I do love it though. :)

I am off for 6 weeks in two weeks time so time I have.

I can't solder and know I would screw it up.

£150 I have.

Two out of three ain't bad. :blush:

Mr Hoosky has kindly told me what LEDs he used to do this so gonna order some from farnell and attempt the door switches.

If I can desolder SMD LEDs off a mobile phone PCB board and replace them I'm sure this wont be too difficult!

Gonna attempt a Blue theme with some white

BTW is that a warm white or bright light LED you have gone for?

Mr Hoosky has kindly told me what LEDs he used to do this so gonna order some from farnell and attempt the door switches.

If I can desolder SMD LEDs off a mobile phone PCB board and replace them I'm sure this wont be too difficult!

Gonna attempt a Blue theme with some white

BTW is that a warm white or bright light LED you have gone for?

just a plain old white, doesn't matter what brightness LED you go for as they all turn out the same. :thumbs:

• 2 years later...