wheel arch stolen - wtf?

UNABASHED

• 2 months later...

just had my car in for a clutch replacement a few weeks ago and ANOTHER part has now gone missing ofrom my car!!!

This time the slam panel has dissapeared, I think the plan is to slowly steal every single part of my car until they have the complete car!

I called the garage about it and then said they didn't have it laying around and so it must have gone missing some other time.

grr!

just had my car in for a clutch replacement a few weeks ago and ANOTHER part has now gone missing ofrom my car!!!

This time the slam panel has dissapeared, I think the plan is to slowly steal every single part of my car until they have the complete car!

I called the garage about it and then said they didn't have it laying around and so it must have gone missing some other time.

grr!

Are you saying you used the same garage that resulted in you starting this thread - surely not?

Find a different garage and go nad have a screaming fit at the one that is "loosing" your parts.

only ever once had problems with a garage so went round at teh end of the day and had a loud argument in front of all teh other customers collecting cars.... they ended up paying for everything. Manager was suddenly most appologetic :dry:

Find a different garage and go nad have a screaming fit at the one that is "loosing" your parts.

only ever once had problems with a garage so went round at teh end of the day and had a loud argument in front of all teh other customers collecting cars.... they ended up paying for everything. Manager was suddenly most appologetic :dry:

I haven't been able to drive for the past few days as I injured my ankle so not had chance to go round in person, as soon as I can I will be straight round there!

this may sound silly but they where there before you gave both garages your car, you might not have noticed if you havent been looking, and when you've got work done you've looked propperly and noticed? unlikley but could be possible?

this may sound silly but they where there before you gave both garages your car, you might not have noticed if you havent been looking, and when you've got work done you've looked propperly and noticed? unlikley but could be possible?

I would definitely have noticed the slam panel as I had cleaned the engine bay not long before it went into the garage. As soon as I put my hand under the bonnet to release the bonnet catch yesterday I could imediately feel there was something wrong - mainly due to the big old hole peering down into the bumper!

I do feel like I'm the traget of some form of garage conspiracy at the moment.

Remember - it's not paranoia if they are actually out to get you!

Have you got a very recent photo, or someone who can vouch the slam panel being there - might help when you confront the service manager with 'evidence'. ;)

one of first things I did was check all of my photo's of the car but the only one I have is one that doesn;t show the front of the bay..typical!

grr!

I think you mean undertray? If they took your slam panel I think you might have a few issues with the front of your car staying together. I reckon it's the garage being monkeys, sort them out, it's not acceptable.

grr!

I think you mean undertray? If they took your slam panel I think you might have a few issues with the front of your car staying together. I reckon it's the garage being monkeys, sort them out, it's not acceptable.

does anyone have a picture of an engine bay that I can show to the garage to show them that they're idiots?

I'm at work without the car at the moment so if it's stil light when I get home I'll get a pic, in the meantime guys don't be shy with yours. I'm sure there's a few engine dress up whores out there who are itching to show there shiny bays!

:D