Wales Oct 10/11 Aftermath Thread (Pics & Comment)

Beavis

Well i guess i am first back and i am at work now :wacko: Due to work problems i did not attend yesterday but today made up for what i missed. Many thanks to Colin and Mike in organising this. Top work guys :clap: and a great drive to with fabulous scenery and fantastic roads to boot B) The weather was a bit shite at times but i guess you cant have every thing. Some of my pics below. :) Sorry to hear about those that could not make it or got lost :blush:

Outside the Brynafon Hotel B) The owner is going to put some pics up on his own website B)

DSC_0013-3.jpg

DSC_0015-2.jpg

DSC_0020-1.jpg

DSC_0025-1.jpg

Who is this little shite overtaking everyone said Nick in the white zed :lol:

DSC_0033-1.jpg

Scenery from Elan Valley

DSC_0037-2.jpg

Some weirdo with a Skoda and a camera kept filming us :lol:

DSC_0031-1.jpg

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice pics Dave B) - were the cars positioned (ahem) outside the hotel - there is a bit of deliberate colour adjustment - i.e yellow not next to yellow (one of my tricks!) :lol:

Yep Colin sorted us for the photo, the owner requested it. :)

Well done Colin and Mike for organising the Wales run! :thumbs: Had a great time even though we did get lost at the end thanks to Andy AK350Z :lol:

I decided to go home at that point as I had a long drive ahead :drive1

This sums the day up...

Petrol £60

Lunch £10

2 rear tyres £200

Passengers face when sliding sideways round a roundabout.... Priceless! :lol:

Anyway some additional pictures below:

Photo155.jpg

Photo156.jpg

Photo158.jpg

Photo159.jpg

Photo163.jpg

Photo164.jpg

Photo162.jpg

Another one back here! 2h45m home, arriving at 9.45. That rounds out a good 360 miles today :surrender:

I'll put a few pics up tomorrow night, but for now thanks to everyone for coming and Colin and Mike for organizing the drives, it were proper great! :lol:

And as for getting AndyZ and Co. lost, who was the only car to make it to the Red Kite while everyone else went on a magical mystery tour? ;):p

The Magic of Wales! :drive1

had a great day. A special thanks to Colin, June and Mike for there great efforts in making the day go well.

I want to see the drift videos :teeth:B) Come on Col you should of took the day off work :lol:

Nice to meet some new faces and some regular ones again.

Just got home!

Huge thanks to Colin, June and Mike for organising a brilliant weekend.

Nice to meet everyone and some great driving (apart from the hairpin attempts).

I now need two new rear tyres and a long sleep. One of the best highlights for me was the permanent grin on Sam's young face driving his mom's car. Lucky so and so!

Here's to the next :thumbs:

Cut and paste from my earlier thread:

I'd just like to say a big thanks to Colin and Mike for a great first meet and run out. The wife and I met some great Zedders and thoroughly enjoyed the beer, food and company. It was a well organised and enjoyable meet incorporating some excellent scenery and drivers roads. We'll definitely be coming to future events and look forward to meeting other members.

Again, thanks

Danny and Jemma

Just got back - downloaded pics and vids - a bit of editing and then wait for photobucket to accept them and then onto here.

A BIG thank-you to all those that made the weekend and especially to Mike helping to sort out the routes and June for helping with so many things behind the scenes and then putting up with me throwing her around in the ZED, again. But then she knows just how much I enjoy exercising my 296 horses ;)

And thanks to those who couldn't make it, for one reason or another, and their messages beforehand letting me know - that was appreciated :thumbs: Keith, you will have to get a +1 along to read maps/directions the old-fashioned way - its the only way I manage to get round as I never have confidence in the sat navs :lol: Especially this time when we had to do an unplanned divert due to work on a level crossing - I tell you, the air in our car at that moment with the ocupants of 13 ZEDS behind relying on us was more that little blue, but it turned out to find a nice a little road that later on the day most wanted to use again - also unplanned! :lol:

Now back to the pic editing for posting.

oh i would have LOVED to have seen that! :lol:

It was very spectacular! If he'd gathered it up he would have looked like a drifting legend!

Here's a few of my pics, notice how common yellow is these days... ;)

Wales_Oct09008_1.jpg

Wales_Oct09022_1.jpg

Wales_Oct09026_1.jpg

Wales_Oct0904_1.jpg

Wales_Oct09076_.jpg

Wales_Oct09086_1.jpg

;) its nice for a change!!!!

not been back to long, had the morning in the spa which was well needed after the weekend and arm was being well twisted by zoe :lol: but a lovely place and all included in the great price colin got for us al!!! Had a fantastic weekend massive thanks to Colin and Mike for the organising it all, throughly enjoyed all of it even the rain!!!! plenty of pictures just uploading to photobucket now so wont be to long until there up :thumbs: