IT HAS TO BE DONE

ZMANALEX

cast manifolds, very nice :thumbs: no issue with weld failures while running extra temps with the turbo kit i guess. :thumbs:

are you going to take pics as you go ;)

i'm interested to see how long it takes you, give me an idea of what i should be looking at.

cast manifolds, very nice :thumbs: no issue with weld failures while running extra temps with the turbo kit i guess. :thumbs:

are you going to take pics as you go ;)

i'm interested to see how long it takes you, give me an idea of what i should be looking at.

Yes try and make the progress as comprehensive as you can m8. Mega interested in this myself. Wondered for a minute what you were doing when I saw the manifolds, but the penny dropped (I think) :blush:

I assume your going for a turbo, Bit is it 1 or a twin set up?

as far as i'm aware, alex is already twin turbo'd ;)

Ok...

Next question (Please dont mock) :D But is this a turbo per cylider bank or a sequential set up.

And... if its 1 per bank how do they balance out the amount of boost, so its equal for both sides.

I know its complicated, just asking the question made my head hurt... :lol:

This is a replacement set of manifolds that I have received from HKS as I have had issues with the originals.

DSCF1810.jpg

It is a pig of job to do insitu. It has all been stripped down for about a month and I have just been waiting on the parts from Japan.

Would probably have been just as quick pulling the motor. :lol:

Ok...

Next question (Please dont mock) :D But is this a turbo per cylider bank or a sequential set up.

And... if its 1 per bank how do they balance out the amount of boost, so its equal for both sides.

Its a true twin setup, not sequential. Boost balance is achieved through a 2-1 Intercooler and carefull setup of the wastegate actuator pre-tension :)

Ok...

Its a true twin setup, not sequential. Boost balance is achieved through a 2-1 Intercooler and carefull setup of the wastegate actuator pre-tension :)

Yeah, what he said :wacko::lol:

Ok...

Sorry lol should have explained a bit better :) Both turbos are basically joined together at their outlets by the intercooler and then feed the one intake. Because they are joined it will negate any pressure differences. The wastegates are the parts which control how much boost a turbo runs at full chat. They are adjusted so that both turbos run the same level of boost.

Nope, I failed again :lol:

Ok...

Sorry lol should have explained a bit better :) Both turbos are basically joined together at their outlets by the intercooler and then feed the one intake. Because they are joined it will negate any pressure differences. The wastegates are the parts which control how much boost a turbo runs at full chat. They are adjusted so that both turbos run the same level of boost.

Nope, I failed again :lol:

Gosh that's very technical mate...... :blink: .......so at 'full chat' what would be the optimum levels for them to be set at? :shrug::teeth:

Gosh that's very technical mate...... :blink: .......so at 'full chat' what would be the optimum levels for them to be set at? :shrug::teeth:

Full chat is once there is enough exhaust gases driving the turbo(s) to give full boost. The boost is limited by the wastegate which basically is a bypass valve - any excess exhaust gas is diverted around the turbine. Say the car is running 9psi boost, the wastegate will be set to be fully open once there is 9psi in the inlet manifold.

Feel free to ask any more questions, I'm such a geek :lol:

Cheers,

Andy