colsy

Hiya all,

Big hello, this is my first post!! although I have been browsing the forum for a couple of months as a guest in preperation for buying. I went to look at a Zed this morning, ended up buying it!! its a 2004, GT with Rays and orange leather. heres a couple of pics:

PIC DELETED SEE PAGE 3

PIC DELETED SEE PAGE 3

Pick it up tomorrow morning.

Has anyone used the Dension universal IPod adapter (FM hardwire modulator) with the BOSE head unit? I bought a Dension gateway 100 adapter for my girlfriends Civic Type R and it worked great (controlled through the IPod which is how would want it for the Zed). Seems that the FM modulator is the only way to run the IPod through the BOSE system, reading through other posts?

Anyhow, I'm in Rotherham, if any of you are in the area, and see a short arse ginner around...its me, come and say hello!

Cheers,

Col.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi and welcome to the forum, that numberplate looks familiar. :)

Hi Martin, plates actually wrong!! should be RA04VRV!! the plate maker printed new plates incorrectly for the guy I bought it off. Where u recognise it from?

Hello and welcome to the club! Looks like a mint one! How much, and what mileage is it?

Hi Jerry, gave 12k for it, 51k miles, full NSH, 1 owner. maybe a tad over priced, recon if I kept looking around and waited a bit longer I could have picked one up for 11k?? but the money was burning a hole in my pocket, and the car really grabbed me. I'm happy. :teeth:

Cheers for the warm welcome all,

Col.

Seems that the FM modulator is the only way to run the IPod through the BOSE system

Hi. If you're any good with a soldering iron you can create an aux line-in. See here:

http://my350z.com/forum/audio-and-video/93941-make-a-line-aux-in-for-your-2003-bose-headunit-step-by-step-guide-5.html

Thats tops, have to blow the dust of the iron.

UPDATE!!! I had to pull out of the sale, I had agreed with the dealer that I would part my girlfriends type r against the Zed, she decided she wants to keep it....so I had to pull out...lost 250quid deposit :rant::angry::rant::snack::drunk: but I'm over that now. Gunna look at a cheaper one tomorrow, so maybe it was fait?? :shrug: will post again.

Col.

so I had to pull out...lost 250quid deposit

Seems harsh for them to keep your whole deposit for pulling out on the same day?!?!? They can't have incurred any costs already... Surely by law there's some cooling off period? :rant:

Worth asking for at least half back as a guesture of goodwill ;) If they're not interested it's probably a sign that their after-sales service would be equally bad :thumbdown:

Ironically their PistonHeads adverts say "No Hidden Charges"

so I had to pull out...lost 250quid deposit

Seems harsh for them to keep your whole deposit for pulling out on the same day?!?!? They can't have incurred any costs already... Surely by law there's some cooling off period? :rant:

Worth asking for at least half back as a guesture of goodwill ;) If they're not interested it's probably a sign that their after-sales service would be equally bad :thumbdown:

Ironically their PistonHeads adverts say "No Hidden Charges"

to be fair, the £250 is half the deposit and Matt at prestige did get the car mot'd ready for tomorrow. Also he had to cancel an appointment with a potential buyer, plus cancelled the advertising and I wasted a few hours of his day, I am a little sore about it, but such is life eh? Maybe it's for the best..

Welcome to the forum, happy Zed hunting. When the time is right one will appear.

UPDATE!!! I had to pull out of the sale, I had agreed with the dealer that I would part my girlfriends type r against the Zed, she decided she wants to keep it....so I had to pull out...lost 250quid deposit

At least it was only 250 quid.

...Matt at prestige did get the car mot'd ready for tomorrow... plus cancelled the advertising...

MOT is only £50 and they'll have trade accounts on AutoTrader and PistonHeads so re-advertising won't have cost them a penny!

Anyway, could be for the best. I just missed out on a couple of cars but then found a mint car at a main dealer for a good price.

Don't ignore main dealers when looking. I've noticed quite a few being traded in for 370's and they rarely advertise on AutoTrader.

...Matt at prestige did get the car mot'd ready for tomorrow... plus cancelled the advertising...

MOT is only £50 and they'll have trade accounts on AutoTrader and PistonHeads so re-advertising won't have cost them a penny!

Anyway, could be for the best. I just missed out on a couple of cars but then found a mint car at a main dealer for a good price.

Don't ignore main dealers when looking. I've noticed quite a few being traded in for 370's and they rarely advertise on AutoTrader.

Cheers for the advice, I will keep an eye out.

Col.

Went to look at the other Zed today, same car really as the one I pulled put off, the leather was better, had 48k on clock, just had the p2 service....best part was it was cheaper!!! Made my deposit back, and saved a few quid too! Owe the GF a nght out I rekon! Anyhow, will post pics when I pik it up on Friday. Funny old life eh!!!

ATB, Col.