now that wiped the smile from my face

sparks

Hello, Have been viewing this forum for a couple of months since buying my self a fairlady z with gt pack and have really enjoyed reading some of the banter that goes on between alot of you.I met nurrish yesterday with him fitting one of his sat nav systems which looks great :thumbs: just need to familliarise myself with the unit. Many thanks to dave for that :yahoo: However on my journey home had the chance to open the z up so off it roared as per usual with me happy as larry untill at +++ no more plenty of more throttle but zero response. so smile on my face Rapidly faded into dissapointment :rant::rant: Now the problem is what can i do the car is a import and is a 2003 year and has 29000 on the clock. Now what TxxT would limit a sports car :bang::bang: It beggars belief Having said that i know nothing about cars so am persuming that this is the problem.Have any of you good people have any thoughts on this rather irritating matter apart from the fact one should not be driving at +++ anyway but the road was clear honest lol :rant: thanks for letting me rant look forward to reading any responses :drive1

unless your tracking it or drive in germany alot, why would you need yo go over 120?

also if you get frustrated at that the UK cars are limited to 155 mph as well,

like said before jap is limited 112mph, but a re flash to the ECU will do it and give a power increase, or the HKS de limiter will do it.

hi there,

well the uk spec car is limited to 155, but i dont know if the import version is limited at all, so therefore if it was brought into the country and had to be limited (by law) the person doing it might have had a shocker and limited it wrong.

hope this makes sense, but other members with far superior knowledge will be able to help im sure.

Sparky

EDIT: you learn something new everyday, i never knew Jap cars were limited to 112mph!!!! please ignore my complete ramblings above!!!!!

thanks again for response. so is there any pitfalls to reflashining the ecu.? Also when i get into car now there is an audioble alarm when it starts up basicaly a ding dong never use to happen.but no warning lights come on .Im starting to feel like ive pulled the avon lady. lol can any ideas. cheers

thanks again for response. so is there any pitfalls to reflashining the ecu.? Also when i get into car now there is an audioble alarm when it starts up basicaly a ding dong never use to happen.but no warning lights come on .Im starting to feel like ive pulled the avon lady. lol can any ideas. cheers

asuming you've got the dvd screen, have a look at it - it may be saying you need a service