Night shots...

Anubis

I want to do some photies like these... :bounce:

Please don't laugh im no David Bailey but.....

- Did you use a flash

- Did you photo shop

- Did you take someone with you cos if a stranger walked around the corner whille I was taking photo's I would be a) embarrassed and B) scared

:ninja:

Heya,

Don't worry about people laughing at you - chances are it'll be some dork getting into his Volvo with his pink t-shirt (enough said). Any who...you could be a pro photographer - how would they know? I had some blokes riding past me on bikes shouting comments the other week trying to be funny when no one else is around (sorry, but I can't take people like this seriously - your on a bike riding slowly through a forest like lovers in tight spandex shouting 'funny' comments at a guy that has a nice car..err...right). :p

These shots were taken at around 11-12pm, in sleepy areas (not city centers) hence the lack of cars in car park (and people).

To get crisp clear pictures like this you need a digital SLR (I use a Nikon D40). Point and click cameras are good for holiday snaps during the day and thats about it (ever wondered why when you take a pic at night it comes out dark?) - reason why it is so dark using 'ordinary' cameras is because the light entering the camera had about 0.5 seconds exposure (it couldn't filter into the lens quick enough). With an SLR I can change the length of exposure (I think these were around 5-10 seconds), so basically for 5-10 seconds the light is draining into my camera so the processor knows the exact colours you see as a human.

Good tip; at night close your eyes and open them for a split second and close them again. Ask yourself in real detail what you just saw (answer; you didn't have enough time). Sit there for 5 seconds staring at it and it becomes much clearer before you close your eyes again - exact same principle as a camera. :) I also used wide iris settings (so the size of the hole in the camera light flows into) so it comes out nice and bright, showing all the deep colours. Another very important thing is to use a tripod at night - standing dead still for 5-10 seconds with a camera is near impossible and the lights will come out all blury, whereas fit it to a tripod and it will stay dead still so the light comes out clear (day time doesn't matter - 0.5 seconds probably won't be quick enough for you to make blury pics).

No flash used - the lights around and 5-10 secs of exposure are enough. Flashes don't last long enough for night shots - chances are the light will just bounce back and make a 'dazzle' on our pic or make it look dark in certain areas (so no point and click cameras).

The only photoshop you can see in these pics is removing the reg plate and I slightly tweaked colours on the really bright one in the car park (colour and black and white). Everything else is just down to good locations with lighting around.

I wouldn't get too bothered by others tbh. It's not like your standing at a train station with an anorak taking pics of the no 42 to Bristol. :p And so what if you are? No one else's business. :thumbs:

great photos!

can I ask what are the squares on the front bumper above the reflectors?

They are for side cameras. B) In Japan these were an option so when you get to a tight junction and need to see around the corner you can use the camera to look around (cool huh).

Unfortunately they aren't there on mine (think the Japanese owner took them off, so I've been told by NismoDave that owned the car before me) - although I do have a reverse camera, which is rare option to have. B)