my wifes in quarantine

rtbiscuit

Well lucys not been feeling to well and has been really ill the last 2 days, so she went to the doctors this morning to see what it was. i got a phone call at about 11am and had to go home to see her and sort some stuff out because..... she has swine flu.

apparently they made her leave the surgery through the back door, and she wasn't allowed to pick up her prescriptions etc and has been signed off for a week, not allowed back till wednesday next week.

i've had to inform my Head so she is aware, and then had to go to lucy's school and inform them then i had to go pick up prescriptions and a few other things and then rush back for my next lesson.

i'm alright but i'm worried, i feel bad as i'm not to worried about lucy, but more that i might catch it and miss out on the CS meet this weekend coming :blush:

she's pretty bad at the moment, but should hopefully be ok, she's not finding it easy to breath, but i've set her up with lots of fluid and got some DVDs for her and some magazines. fingers crossed she won't turn into a pig :blush:

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well lucys not been feeling to well and has been really ill the last 2 days, so she went to the doctors this morning to see what it was. i got a phone call at about 11am and had to go home to see her and sort some stuff out because..... she has swine flu.

apparently they made her leave the surgery through the back door, and she wasn't allowed to pick up her prescriptions etc and has been signed off for a week, not allowed back till wednesday next week.

i've had to inform my Head so she is aware, and then had to go to lucy's school and inform them then i had to go pick up prescriptions and a few other things and then rush back for my next lesson.

i'm alright but i'm worried, i feel bad as i'm not to worried about lucy, but more that i might catch it and miss out on the CS meet this weekend coming :blush:

she's pretty bad at the moment, but should hopefully be ok, she's not finding it easy to breath, but i've set her up with lots of fluid and got some DVDs for her and some magazines. fingers crossed she won't turn into a pig :blush:

You are more concerned about missing a meet than your wife being ill ??? :surrender:

:lol: of course i'm concerned for my wife, but i've been looking forward to this meet for ages. i will take good care of her, i always do.

i'll pass on your best wishes Husky, don't worry she's not punishing me she is proper ill, and i'm not showing any symptoms my imune system is pretty good (lucy's isn't she has khrons and her immune is very weak)

admittedly when we first got together some one asked me to prioitise my life in order of what i deemed most important and the list went:

1. Car

2. Lucy

3. Family

4. Cats

:blush:

although now i have matured its changed to :

1. car & lucy

2. cats

3 family

:lol:

some times when she's being grumpy the car comes first :lol:;)

by the way i do love my wife very much :D but some times i love my car more :blush:;)

I'm not going anywhere near Kesgrave then.

Personally I'll declare it as "Swine Flu Ground Zero" for my area and Lucy is "Patient Zero"

Hope you both get well soon.

Hope you are off work too Rich, just incase you become the carrier for the virus and taking it to a school may cause higher spread factor.

Personally I'll declare it as "Swine Flu Ground Zero" for my area and Lucy is "Patient Zero"

Hope you are off work too Rich, just incase you become the carrier for the virus and taking it to a school may cause higher spread factor.

government regulations are now that if you catch it then yo treat it as ordinary flu, they are no longer shutting schools or sending people home who have ill relatives. i think the basis is that its going to spread, so why bother stopping it :dry:

but i'll let lucy know you've declared her as patient zero :lol:

can you not be a carrier. :scare:

possibly, but only in some cases, don't panic, i have her seperate from me while she's ill, i've moved into the spare room while she recovers, and i'm keeping my distance :lol: if it makes you feel better i'll borrow a full haz mat suit for the next few days just to be on the safe side :lol:

I had it a couple of months ago mate, I was bed bound for a week and all in all it took me about a month to get over it. Ive never felt so weak achey and tired in my whole life, I was offered tammy flu but a nurse (family friend) advised me not to have it, not going to go into why not on here tho.

Anyways look after her pal.... she will be feeling very ill over the next few days... make sure you get some antibacterial hand wash and use it often and avoid touching your face :surrender:

All the best bud :thumbs:

i wash my hands all the time, and we have antibacterial hand wash at home, as my wife is borderline OCD its a nessessaity. :lol:

plus we use loads of the stuff at school, the whole policy is cover sneeze bin and wash at the moment,

i'll take good care of her,

i'll get the pressure washer out later and hose her down just for good measure, i'll tell her the dog told me to do it, that will freak her out. :lol:

government regulations are now that if you catch it then yo treat it as ordinary flu, they are no longer shutting schools or sending people home who have ill relatives. i think the basis is that its going to spread, so why bother stopping it :dry:

Nope guys the NHS guidelines havent changed as yet...thats why Lucy left through the back door.... :dry:

As a matter of fact recent researches have found that patients can actually spread the virus for as long as 5 days after they stopped having feverand not 3 as it was thought before!!!! :scare:

It is an otherwise normal mutated flu virus...as it is the case every year...the only problem with this one is that it can get complicated with a type of bacteria that cause pneumonia in which case the otherwise 50% death rate (of pneumonia due to pneumoniococus) becomes about 90%!!! (swine flu complicated pneumonia) :scare:

There are some other things but i cant really be bothered to type it all.... :lol:

In any case dont worry....just make sure Lucy takes her antiviral medication...vitamins and fluids...and i am sure she will get better soon.... :thumbs:

sorry may not have been clear, the guidlines refer to our jobs, we're both teachers, and before the summer the rules changed over school closurers, previously if there was a case in a school then they closed, but now the rule is the sick person goes home, but the school stays open,on the old rule of it it spreads it spreads, as schools seem to be the best breeding ground for viruses.