Oops, got gunned on the dualer!

srobrien

Maybe someone can give me an answer to if im in trouble or not. Heading home on the dual carridgeway, speed limit 70mph, have to admit i was stupidly driving a little enthusiastically since the roads were clear, maybe 85-90 (speedo) mph. I saw a T5 travelling on the other side of the carridgeway so i slowed down so not to attract attention to myself. At this point i was travelling around 79mph (speedo) when about 1/4 mile down the road i saw two sneaky sneaker bike cops step out from behind the bushes with a gun, I instantly put the anchors on and got down to 70mph. The cops never persued me but im worried incase it was a camera and they got my picture.

I recon with speedo overreading i was doing around 74mph and with the lee-way they need to give with hand helds I think i may have gotten away with it. Im worried incase the dreaded NIP appears through the door though.

Needless to say it was 70mph the rest of the way home, last thing i need is a tarnish on my nice clean licence.

R

wouldnt worry about it matey, They prob would have pulled you if they got you speeding

yeah mate i wouldnt worry about that mate sounds like you will have got away with it to me

but sneaky bar stewards jumping out from behind a bush thast is not goods to hear at all evil tactics :rant::angry:

They normally have a chase car in situations like that, so even at 80mph on the speedo I think you'd have been okay. If it worried you that much that you'd been caught though then maybe it's worth just doing the speed limit from now on? It's really not worth it on a dual carriageway, as you'll be so angry at yourself for getting points when you weren't actually getting that much out of it.

Now if you were playing tag with an Exige/GTR/LP640 down some fantastic country roads on a summer's evening then it might be worth it... ;)

Wouldnt worry about it mate. You'll be ok upto ~85MPH on the clock usually as long as you were driving ok, leaving a decent gap to the car in front. :thumbs:

Heres hoping, the roads were totally empty on my side so personally i think i was driving safely.

R

Yeah, ul be absolutely fine mate, this happened to me recently (37 in a 40 though) and i wondered about them having cameras on hand held guns but im 95% certain they dont after speaking to afew friends. And like everyone else has said they either sen a Volvo V70 after you or theres a car up ahead who will step in front of you and pull you over (advice in that case is if it happens again turn down the next road you see and take the scenic route home)

Muttley

Na usually just a screen with showing the MPH, if he was gonna get you he would have just made himself a target for being squeeshed :evil: and stood out infront of you waving you in for a talkin to.

Just think though, they can hardly use the bloody things as it is, remember all the talk of how inaccurate they are if the user moves??? example the american lawyer in court firing it at a wall, flintched and the wall was going 10 mph (bad drugs)

If they had cameras in em the extra weight and bulk would be a nightmare.

Gilly

Sounds like you got lucky there mate, If its handheld guns then they need to stop you there and then, or catch up to you to stop you.. Standalone cameras or mobile speed cameras (in vans) are the only ones that can take your picture.

Two people you should be carefull of..

1. The policeman with the video recorder

344222.jpg

2. The little guy with the camera and yellow megaphone (small enough to stand behind a twig and still catch you..

Wooden_Toy_Police_Office_Speed_Came.jpg

speaking of which, your on your holidays but still on this site ;)

Killing time waiting for Colin to catch us! Going for a swim and spa in a bit before having lunch and heading off to the next rendez-vu point :thumbs:

This is the only hotel we have internet access in though, the +1 made sure of that :lol: