Styling dilema

srobrien

Right, I have quite a difficult decision to make, I have around £1500 (more if required) to do some styling mods and I have got my choices down to 2, but im unsure what to do.

Do I;

A: Complete vinyl colour change

B: Real CF Bonnet, real CF Hatch and CF vinyl roof/a-pillars to give a 2tone.

Im stuck, help!

R

He won't listen you know...

Shut it you :lol:

what total colour change were you thinking off if you did that? Or have you made your mind up about the two tone look now?

Was thinking of a certain colour but somebody has just beaten me too it! :rant:

R

what about option C

Carbon bonnet

black roof

rear window tint to match roof.

carbon mirrors

and carbon door handles

what ever is left save for wheels

as for carbon vinyl b pillars i am about to have ago at skinning the originals in CF, if it works out i'm happy to do yours for you. also going to do the rear strut but smooth out the dimples and zed and fit the spare likwid art badge.

Right i think I have come to a decision, thanks for the input guys.

I agree that wheels should be a high priority otherwise the rest wont tie in, so i recon im gonna start with a CF bonnet, try and sell my OEM wheels (with brand new tyres if anyones looking for some) then put the rest of cash towards some new rims. I really love the Axis ones but i vowed never to buy from the states again as it always ends up being less cost effective than buying from the UK.

So im now in the market for a CF bonnet, will contact Chilli's and stick a wanted ad up.

R :thumbs::thumbs:

just a thought ,could these vinyl wraps maybe cause the panels which are wraped to sweat and cause rust ? remember the vinyl roofs on old fords,when taken off the whole roof seemed to have rust on it,atleast by skinning with carbon the resin would totaly seal,so carbon and panel would become one part,just a thought.

just a thought ,could these vinyl wraps maybe cause the panels which are wraped to sweat and cause rust ? remember the vinyl roofs on old fords,when taken off the whole roof seemed to have rust on it,

it should plus your looking at different vinyl. the old ford roofs like the metro were a leather style vinyl and they were glue adhesive. they also allowed for water ingress.

the newer vinyls are more effective as they almost cause a seal between the vinyl and the panel. i've never heard of vinyl causing sweat issues. only thing i have seen is whenits removed its kept the paint underneather protected from the sun and so you can still see where it was after, most noticable with things like lettering.

just a thought ,could these vinyl wraps maybe cause the panels which are wraped to sweat and cause rust ? remember the vinyl roofs on old fords,when taken off the whole roof seemed to have rust on it,

it should plus your looking at different vinyl. the old ford roofs like the metro were a leather style vinyl and they were glue adhesive. they also allowed for water ingress.

the newer vinyls are more effective as they almost cause a seal between the vinyl and the panel. i've never heard of vinyl causing sweat issues. only thing i have seen is whenits removed its kept the paint underneather protected from the sun and so you can still see where it was after, most noticable with things like lettering.

yep i see wat you mean,

Style is not something that anyone can advise on.... unless you are building the car for someone else.

My advice is trawl the net for pictures of what ideas you have and save them to you harddrive. Keep looking at them every few days and decide if you still like it after a period of time. Speak to owners about what works and what problems they had. But most of all take your time! Took me about a year and a half to decide on all my parts and yes its frustrating but I am so pleased with the end result.

Have a theme/idea and stick to it. you are looking at two very different ends of the spectrum with your ideas. Decide what you want to do with your car, is it a show car, is it a daily driver, track car or what. You dont need lairy parts to make a car stand out. Its the quality of the parts and the ways its assembled that makes a car what it is.

Only bit of advice i will offer is ... 'you get what you pay for'.

Style is not something that anyone can advise on.... unless you are building the car for someone else.

My advice is trawl the net for pictures of what ideas you have and save them to you harddrive. Keep looking at them every few days and decide if you still like it after a period of time. Speak to owners about what works and what problems they had. But most of all take your time! Took me about a year and a half to decide on all my parts and yes its frustrating but I am so pleased with the end result.

Have a theme/idea and stick to it. you are looking at two very different ends of the spectrum with your ideas. Decide what you want to do with your car, is it a show car, is it a daily driver, track car or what. You dont need lairy parts to make a car stand out. Its the quality of the parts and the ways its assembled that makes a car what it is.

Only bit of advice i will offer is ... 'you get what you pay for'.

All very sound advice from Dan there... that post should be stickied in some way... :thumbs: