Uh oh i been baaad

Randomfry

On my way to get pizza last night following a marked bmw traffic car. The lights go on and he signals me to pull over, asks me to get out of the car and stand by the side of the road. Then he went on to tell me that he's seen me breaking the speed limit on a number of occasions when he was off duty and that he will catch me, and take my licence away. He said i stuck out like a sore thumb driving a rare modded car with a personalised plate. So yeaa basically he is hunting for me and desperate to catch me doing something i shouldn't. :thumbdown: looks like i'm gonna have to be a good boy for a few weeks untill he forgets about me and has a new challenge. :hypocrite:

** Warning - rant ***... :rant:

Sorry if I'm being very direct, but what a total loser and pig - he is specifically targetted you as a personal attack when off duty and is making it his mission to catch you. If I were you I'd go straight to the station and speak with his commanding officer. Unless he has any hard proof of you speeding when on duty, he can do diddle squat (follow him everywhere and make notes of when he speeds, even just a little - your not allowed to do this, so he can't do it to you unless he is authorised to during his duty hours).

I'm against excessive speeding that can cost lives, however this guy sounds like he wants to personally own the place and he is totally out of line - he is abusing his powers and authority. OK - you went a little bit too fast ocassionally, but unless he is on duty he hasn't even got the rights to pull you over.

This story just doesn't make any sense..how does his lights go on if he is "off duty"?! Go to the station now and say your concerned that an officer is making threats when off duty and he has no proof of you doing anything and your being victimised. Take the pillock down a peg or two - I would.

I second Anubis,what a dick! i really hate people like that with nothing better to do, i had one years back when he blocked me in at macdonalds carpark,asked me loads of questions,moaned at me for joining a dual carriageway at nearly 50mph(its a 70 road) then off he went on his travells :yawn:

He was on duty at the time and driving a squad car with his partner. But yeaa i think it he does have a personal vendetta against me. It may be a bit of jealousy as i'm a baby faced 24 year old driving a nice car. I dunno. But my friend was in the passengers seat and he's studying law at uni so he told me that he had no right to pull me over as i wasn't doing anything wrong at the time. No stop an search form was issued. But i didn't get his badge number or the registration of the vehicle. Plus i don't think me making a complaint against him would help. He even said to me that i don't want him as an enemy.

don't want him as an enemy, :lol: i would have laughed, sorry, but i respect the law, and i respect police officers, well the good ones anyway, i have several mates in the force and the majority of coppers are decent. but at the end of the day he is just a person.

i would have stopped him and asked him for his name and badge number, and also who his C O is and i would have told him i would be reporting him and also expalining to his C O that elle muppet was using threating behaviour when no law had been broken.

as long as your polite and are not threating back there is bugger all he can do, he can't pull you for anything and he can't charge you with anything.

Not fair and not right, but have to say not sure I would complain, could end up with more than one of them on the look out for you! Just try and behave and hope he gets bored and moves onto someone else. That is unless he continues to haras you. Hopefully he was just trying to do what he has done and give you a scare.

You must know yourself if you have been driving like a dick :lol: if you have then i would just keep your head down until the dust settles.

If you feel this is not the case then go to the station and complain. :thumbs:

While it may seem like the copper was way out of line, I don't actually think it's as bad as it sounds. In fact, I reckon he's actually done you a favour by warning you that he's 'after you', as I can almost guarantee that you're going to stick to the speed limits for the foreseeable future. I'm also willing to bet that he knows this, and by giving you what appears to be a ridiculously harsh warning he's enforcing the law without needless paperwork and without actually giving someone points and a fine.

When I was younger I was in a similar situation, and it wasn't until I looked back and thought about it I realised that he was actually a really decent guy for saying what he did. Police these days know exactly what their limits are and won't step over them due to the litigation-happy society we've become, and this is his way of giving a big warning to you. Take it on the chin, remember the limits and don't speed. :thumbs:

A policeman needs whats known as 'reasonable grounds to suspect' you of committing an offence in which to act, whether that is 'Stop and Search' or a full blown arrest. He cant just pull you over on duty because of what he saw when he was off duty. He cant just stop you 'willy nilly'. He MUST give you his badge number when asked for as a legal requirement. So tally up all he does and if you think it amounts to harrassment then report him. I'm a Military Policeman and the same rules apply to me. Some policemen are nobs whether in my profession or the civil police. Abuse of power at its worse. I've some stories that will make you sh!t!

Danny