It's been a long time coming but finally

Hello fellow Z owners

After spending many years waiting and hoping to buy a Z it finally happened.

Meet my pride and joy.

[attachment=0]28072009020.jpg[/attachment]

The guy I purchased from was an absolute obsessive and the car is totally mint inside and out.

I spent a long time searching for the right one, specifically I was looking for the full NISMO kit and Rays because it just makes the car look awesome but without being ridiculous!

Can you believe it's an 03 and it's only just hit 12k......I didn't believe it but the HPI checked out fine. It wasn't until I met the seller that i realised that he had clearly had a love affair with the car.

It's been a long held dream to own a Z after my dad bought one of the first 260Z in the country back in the days when Nissan was Datsun.

I'd be interested to hear from other Z owners.

Very nice looking sunset and I'm sure the Nismo wheels were a bonus!

You'll need to take a better pic though as that doesn't show it at it''s best!

I hope you are planning to keep the car up the work that's been put in. Our detailing section will help!

Thanks Stew

Yeah the Nismo Rays just work so well.

I'm a complete obsessive when it comes to cleaning, washing, clay bar, waxing and polishing with porter cable, basically the works. It's my therapy session :lol:

The one thing I'm not so sure about is wheel cleaning, I usually use wonder wheels which i find is brilliant but not so sure if it's safe to use on the Rays. I'll search the forum but if anyone has a better suggestion I'd be glad to know.

The one thing I'm not so sure about is wheel cleaning, I usually use wonder wheels which i find is brilliant but not so sure if it's safe to use on the Rays. I'll search the forum but if anyone has a better suggestion I'd be glad to know.

Oh HELL NO!!!!

Wonder wheels is a good cleaner but it'll eat through your wheels in minutes! Best to use a safe wheel cleaner like Bilberry or any other safe cleaner.

I use Bilberry at a fairly week dilution ratio and it's spot on!

:welcome: Lovely looking car - what a bargin :)

WRT the wheels, I dont use any wheel cleaner on mine. As you are OCD like me, take the wheels off and clean them (wash, claybar etc) and then seal them with wheel sealant. Somthing like Poorboys. Do a good 4-5 coats. From then on, just wash them with normal water and car shampoo and an old wash mitt. Wont ever do any damage to them then :thumbs:

Thanks for all the welcoming replies, nice to hear from you all.

For those of you that asked I managed to pick my Z up for what I think was a steal, £12,250.

Forgive me if I'm wrong but you'd have to be an total numpty to turn it down.

It took a long search to find, with a few tragic examples viewed on the way.

One I discovered had been written off when I checked it's history.

All I can say is patience is a virtue :)

Thanks to all y'all that posted replies about my wheel cleaning dilemma,

this is most certainly the right place to come to get all the answers.

I'm in the Z club and lovin' it!

Welcome to the forum. Your Sunset looks stunning from that slightly hazy pic. Post a better one after one of your OCD cleaning sessions. ;)

I'm a complete obsessive when it comes to cleaning, washing, clay bar, waxing and polishing with porter cable, basically the works. It's my therapy session :lol:

Lol, you are going to fit in well around here. :D

Oh, and any pics of your Dad's old 260z? Hehe, obviously we don't expect a digital quality pic. ;)

Welcome to the forum. Your Sunset looks stunning from that slightly hazy pic. Post a better one after one of your OCD cleaning sessions. ;)

Lol, you are going to fit in well around here. :D

Oh, and any pics of your Dad's old 260z? Hehe, obviously we don't expect a digital quality pic. ;)

Thanks Bronzee

Yeah I know the picture isn't so good, took it on my phone. So once I've had my OCD therapy I'll post some better pics.

Hmmm it's an interesting thought I'll have to ask the old man if he's got pics of his 260, if he does I'll post them.