Wedding car help needed

Lexx

Me and Laura are just starting that mammoth task of organising our wedding :scare:

It's proving to be a right pain in the a*** trying to sort it whilst IOm on the boat, but thats a whole other matter!

Anyways, we're a bit stumped when it comes to the cars for us to arrive in.

Laura is a petrol head like me, so she doesnt want a Rolls or Bentley or anything like that. She fancies something a little different. She was initially thinking American muscle car, or something similar but we're open to any ideas. It does need back seats though.

Tried using Google to find something suitable, but its taking ages to wade through it all.

Does anyone here own anything that they fancy renting out for a day? Or know of anyone in the North East who might have something suitable?

Even just ideas for what cars to use would be a great help.

Cheers

Al

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It could be a case of me and the best man turnign up in my Zed if I dont find anythign else suitable for me.

What do you mean if you don't find anything else suitable for you! You're gonna look bloody ACE rocking up with your best man in a white zed you big muppet! :thumbs:

Hi mate, try AWS cars in manchester they have some nice motors, Audi A8 and Jag XJ soverign are mint

http://www.haveyouarrived.com/fleet.html

I agree they are nice cars, but they aint really "special or different" if you see what I mean.

I know I sound awkward saying that, but its just A8's, XJ's, Continental GT's are all a bit....er.....common really.

It could be a case of me and the best man turnign up in my Zed if I dont find anythign else suitable for me.

What do you mean if you don't find anything else suitable for you! You're gonna look bloody ACE rocking up with your best man in a white zed you big muppet! :thumbs:

+1 :thumbs:

Marzman - cant view whatever you posted due to Govt Internet Policy Restrictions on Active X.

Liking the Shelby idea Nic. And it was somethign she had looked at. Though she preferred a convertable fastback. Evo X doesnt really do it for her. She's never liked them since they were launched.

Fair enough pal, it all depends what you are looking for I suppose, these cars are all under a year old, most companies offer ones that are at least 3 years old from my experience.

Give them a call, they also offer aston martins etc. with a driver but these are not cheap!!

I think there is a company in cheshire that has mustangs if this is what you are after

i totally understand where Laura's coming from on this - if it were me (again god forbid........) I wouldn't want any typical posh, rolls royce, jag etc I would want to tear up to the front door with the most awesome noise coming from the car! Mind you i would probably also want to wear my jeans........ :lol:

You and Laura are deffo gunna get on if you meet in person! :lol:

She was gunna go for a 2 seater at first, and she was gunna drive. But then she realised she'd be far too nervous to drive!

A couple of nice one's i spotted on afew sports car rental sites:

*Maserati Gran Turismo

*Porsche Cayenne GTS

*Aston Martin DB9 Volante

*Jaguar XF

* Personally id like to have the Morgan Aero8

But at the end of the day, im sorry but the best one i saw was * Nissan GTR!!! It's a gotta be if your both Petrol Hedz surely!?

Congrats, good luck, and let us know what you decide on. Maybe a pic of the car when it's ribboned up too.

Muttley

Get on Pistonheads Lexx, it's not an unusual request and a lot of owners would be delighted to do it, you might even get a few. It'll cost a LOT less than hiring one too.

+1 you see that quite often, and get some very exotic metal being offered B)

Amanda wants an Aston as her car, so Jay you better keep this one for a few years this time as I'll need a favour at some point :lol:

Your more than welcome to borrow my van Lexx its White after all and I can provide white ribbons to tie to the front! :lol::p

sogZG0kWkK.jpg

Or of course there is Lucy's 1958 Wolseley - not quite ready yet but subject to timescales....... :headhurt:

ZdolHLb2HJ.jpg

I am sure the club could organise a drive past as is becoming the norm on here :D