badge snobs

neo

a bloke at work does like the 350z but will never ever buy one coz he hates nissan micra's :angry::angry: maybe the same parent name (nissan) but is totally different beast as we all know :yahoo:

shame really to see the narrow minded blinkered view of some people, stopping them from buying a fanatastic car :dry:

ah well his/their loss :teeth:

When I was looking for a new car I was considering a Porsche (but a "real one" - not one of those fake Audi ones lol) as well as a TVR. I decided to go for the Z though because I wanted to mod it (loads of parts for the Z) and service it in-house. I thought that with these other cars it'd devalue alot if they werent all with full main-dealer service history when I come to sell, and I despise main dealers with a passion! I thought the Z would be more the kinda car someone would buy if they were an enthusiast and not just a snob and so when I come to sell this car I will be happy to say it has the history it will do, and the mods it'll end up with.

There's nothing worse than someone saying "I like your car and would buy it if only it was standard" - bhaa :boxing:

Just my 2p

Chris

• 11 months later...

sorry to boing such an old old thread but...

...when I turned up at a firends house in my old Zed her sister was getting all excited and moist at the look of it. She then had a close look, saw it was a nissan and came walking back, huffed and just shrugged it off.

Amazing what effect a badge can have...

shame really to see the narrow minded blinkered view of some people, stopping them from buying a fanatastic car :dry:

I've never understood why owners remove the Nissan burger and replace it with a Z badge. Surely it's giving licence to those people to say "Look, even owners of 350's are ashamed about the Nissan brand"!!!

My Dad was the same with the 350z when i first told him i was buying one. However after i brought it home and he took it for a spin, he didnt care what it was. He loved everything about it.

Badge snobbery does happen, hey id never buy a Porsche as i think they are the unimaginative middle to rich persons car.

My friends take the michael and say its a nissan, but I dont care, it looks good, drives well and is pretty fast. Plus, i like to be able to go sideways ;)

I have Zed badges as I like to distance myself from the Nissan brand. I'm not ashamed of owning a Nissan ( I have owned two Novas and a Saxo afterall) but I feel that the 350Z is a stand alone product in the Nissan range. The Zed 'brand' has a lot of history and I'm pleased to carry it on.

I have Zed badges as I like to distance myself from the Nissan brand. I'm not ashamed of owning a Nissan ( I have owned two Novas and a Saxo afterall) but I feel that the 350Z is a stand alone product in the Nissan range. The Zed 'brand' has a lot of history and I'm pleased to carry it on.
And it is because of that, that i am getting a "Z" badge too. Its not snobbery as if anyone asks i always say i drive a NISSAN 350z, not just a 350z, i am proud and not ashamed of it.

Ill always remember following behind Val into Donnington in the summer, I had the window down so culd hear the comments from people stood next to their tents watching the cars drive in..

There was one couple stood to our right and the chap said to his missus, look at that 350, pointing to Val's. She replied with "yeah, thats nice".

The bloke then said "wow, a convertible, bet you'd like one of those" to his missus, "to which she replied, "Thats a Nissan, I'm not having a Nissan!"..

The bloke then informed his bint that it was 350z convertible, made by the same people as the one that had drivn past just seconds ago (Vals).

She then says, "I dont want a 350z anymore".

:lol: Said it all really. Mind you, I do wonder what she would have said if I had offered her a swap for the rusty Rover Vitesse she was standing next to?

Just like the people that swing there BMW keys about in shops. Then you see them in the car park getting into a rusty old E30 316i with windy windows!

Awesome - A BMW, I'm impressed!

Or any small engined BMW. If it has 4 cylinders then it's not a real BMW!

So to sum up the thread so far, change the Nissan burgers for Zed badges and keep those ladies moist! B)

Just like the people that swing there BMW keys about in shops. Then you see them in the car park getting into a rusty old E30 316i with windy windows!

Awesome - A BMW, I'm impressed!

Or any small engined BMW. If it has 4 cylinders then it's not a real BMW!

So to sum up the thread so far, change the Nissan burgers for Zed badges and keep those ladies moist! B)

The last time my car was in the garage I was given a Micra. The key was exactly the same as the Zs. Must confess I found myself wondering if I could change the badge on my key to a Z or something! :lol: I don't think I'll bother changing the ones on the car though as it speaks for itself I find.

I've never understood why owners remove the Nissan burger and replace it with a Z badge. Surely it's giving licence to those people to say "Look, even owners of 350's are ashamed about the Nissan brand"!!!

I ve got one at home i still need to put on, on the front, coz i think it looks nice, but i m not removing the back one, coz otherwise indeed it could make the statement "i am ashamed to show the brand of my car". And i dont give a sh¨t honestly. If when i need to buy a new car, fiat, peugeot or (god only knows) Kia make something which is within my budget, looks good, is reliable and suits my needs, i dont really see the need to get a "lesser" car just to have a German badge on it instead :wacko:

For the price i payed the Z i could have gotten a Porsche 996 or 993 2nd hand with quite a mileage if posing is what counted (coz you cannot tell the mileage when you look at the car from the exterior). :wacko: